Global Particle Physics Photowalk Contest

In summary, the Global Particle Physics Photowalk Contest is an international photography competition organized by the Interactions Collaboration. It is open to anyone above the age of 18, but employees and affiliates of the participating laboratories are not eligible. The photographs must be original and taken during the designated photowalk event, showcasing the facilities, people, and science of particle physics. Judges will select the winners based on scientific content, artistic and technical quality, and overall impact. The top three winners and a people's choice winner will receive cash prizes and have their photographs featured in publications and exhibitions.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I'm posting this here even though it is related to photography, just to make sure it gets enough eyes.

Don't miss casting your votes for your favorite Global Particle Physics PhotoWalk contest.

http://www.interactions.org/cms/?pid=6000

You get to select and vote for 3 of them.

And no, I did not submit a photo for this contest. :)

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ohh, pretty...

I voted for #s 4, 17, & 37. Very cool.

These are really nice!
(I think they change positions.)

The picture numbers haven't changed.

My favorite is No. 4. Could that be ZapperZ in grad school?

1. What is the Global Particle Physics Photowalk Contest?

The Global Particle Physics Photowalk Contest is an international photography competition that invites amateur and professional photographers to capture the world of particle physics through their lens. It is organized by the Interactions Collaboration, a group of international particle physics laboratories.

2. Who can participate in the Global Particle Physics Photowalk Contest?

The contest is open to anyone above the age of 18, regardless of their nationality or profession. However, employees and affiliates of the participating laboratories and their family members are not eligible to participate.

3. What are the criteria for the photographs submitted to the Global Particle Physics Photowalk Contest?

The photographs must be original and taken during the designated photowalk event at one of the participating laboratories. They should also showcase the facilities, people, and science of particle physics in a creative and visually appealing way.

4. How are the winners of the Global Particle Physics Photowalk Contest selected?

The submitted photographs will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on their scientific content, artistic and technical quality, and overall impact. The judges will select the top three winners and a people's choice winner based on online voting.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the Global Particle Physics Photowalk Contest?

The top three winners will receive cash prizes and their photographs will be featured in various publications and exhibitions. The people's choice winner will also receive a cash prize and will have their photograph featured on the official website of the Interactions Collaboration.