Good resources to practice transistor amplifiers?

In summary, the conversation is about finding resources for practicing calculations for current/voltage gains and input/output resistances in BJT and MOSFET amplifier circuits. The person recommends the Schaum's Outline "Electronic Devices and Circuits" and also suggests checking out old transistor manuals from the 1960s. They also mention purchasing a reference book from eBay.
Jayalk97
Hey guys this isn't so much a homework question as it is a learning question. Any good resources online that could help me practice calculating current/voltage gains as well as input/output resistances for BJT and MOSFET amplifier circuits? I can't really find any resources that give me problems + solutions.

Thanks in advanced!

Engineering news on Phys.org
I really like the Schaum's Outline "Electronic Devices and Circuits". Lots of worked problems. It's kind of old fashioned being paper and all.

Likes jim hardy
These guys literally "Wrote the book "
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transistor-Circuit-Design-Texas-Instruments-Hardcover-1963/182788727483?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49564%26meid%3D8733ae7ceb0c4686abe09610b0360475%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D142546710579&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m185144

see also GE transistor manuals from 1960's
http://chiclassiccomp.org/docs/content/computing/GE/ECG-315_TransistorManualThirdEdition.pdf

this was my high school textbook
il_570xN.1313434999_5947.jpg

check ebay and used booksellers .

Attachments

• il_570xN.1313434999_5947.jpg
    il_570xN.1313434999_5947.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 335
Likes Asymptotic, Tom.G and Paul Colby
Okay, just bought the ebay linked reference. :woot:

1. What are the best resources to practice transistor amplifiers?

There are many great resources available for practicing transistor amplifiers, including textbooks, online tutorials, and simulation software. Some popular options include "The Art of Electronics" by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill, "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk, and the online tutorials from All About Circuits.

2. Are there any free resources available for practicing transistor amplifiers?

Yes, there are several free resources available for practicing transistor amplifiers. This includes online tutorials, simulation software, and open-source textbooks. Some popular options include LTspice, Multisim Live, and the "Lessons In Electric Circuits" textbook series from OpenBookProject.net.

3. How can I practice transistor amplifiers without access to physical components?

If you do not have access to physical components, there are still ways to practice transistor amplifiers. Simulation software, such as LTspice or Multisim Live, allows you to design and test circuits virtually. You can also use online tutorials and problem sets to practice your understanding of transistor amplifiers.

4. Are there any interactive resources available for practicing transistor amplifiers?

Yes, there are several interactive resources available for practicing transistor amplifiers. Some simulation software, such as Multisim Live, allows you to design and test circuits in real-time. There are also interactive tutorials and problem sets available online that allow you to practice and receive immediate feedback on your progress.

5. How can I make sure I am using good resources to practice transistor amplifiers?

To ensure you are using good resources to practice transistor amplifiers, look for reputable sources such as textbooks from renowned authors, tutorials from reputable websites, and simulation software from well-known companies. Additionally, check for reviews or recommendations from other professionals or educators in the field.