Graduate student here for all things aero & plasma :)

• Thread starter IonReactor
  • Start date
In summary, as a graduate student, I am here to offer expertise in all things related to aerospace engineering and plasma physics. My knowledge and skills in these areas can be utilized to assist with any project or inquiry. I am dedicated to providing concise and accurate summaries on these topics and am committed to continually expanding my understanding and abilities in these fields.
IonReactor
Hi all :)

Apologies if this is at all fragmented it's late and this is the last thing I'm doing today before going to sleep.

I'm 23 and I just graduated from a regional West Coast engineering school with a BS in Physics with a minor in EE. Towards the end of my education I had the opportunity to do some research in solid-state quantum computing, but the entire time my head was in the clouds and my heart was in plasmas.

Which is why in the fall I'll be starting an MS in the Aeronautics & Astronautics department at UW. They are doing a lot of interesting things in plasmas that line up well with my skillset and knowledge of E&M, and it's a dream to have the opportunity to continue my education in this direction. Right now I'm home for the summer and looking out for what I should be doing next. Personally, I feel that I have a lot of gaps in my understanding of fluids and flows and places that I need to catch up to where a professional aerospace engineer should be. I also feel a pull to get started studying plasmas and to understand all the various ways they are being applied in industry to improve air- and spacecraft .

I'm on the look out for any and all resources that cover these kinds of topics and I'm always open to learning new theories and new skills, or just taking the time for an engaging and thoughtful discussion on physics and engineering :)

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you.