Gravitation between the Moon and the Earth: physics project

In summary, the conversation was about a student's approach to a project involving the calculation of gravitation between the moon and Earth. The student plans to use Riemann sums in Excel to derive velocity and position graphs, but is stuck on integrating the acceleration and finding the radius with respect to time. The issue of conservation of momentum was brought up and it was suggested to consider the orbit of a spacecraft around the Earth instead. The student also mentioned picking the Earth as a fixed object, which may not be accurate due to factors like high tide.
wtf.PNG

Attachments

• wtf.PNG
    wtf.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 457
Physics news on Phys.org
isukatphysics69 said:
Definitely failed that final exam but my test average this semester was 84 over 6 test so I think I will pass the course. Very disappointed in self but how on Earth ani supposed to pass a final that has 2/6 questions that we covered last week. So I answers 3/ 6 questions and we were supposed to answer 4/6 to have a chance at full credit plus this project lack of sleep and food was a recipe for disaster plus I'm just a complete moron but whatever I failed sometimes you fail
Sure, and the world is a bad place etcetera
You're entitled to a bit of disappointment, not to a lamentation like this and self depreciation. Consider it a learning experience: planning, sleep, food, whatever is imoporant too and can only be ignored at a price. You come out of this better than you were. Cheer up.
Find a real shoulder if necessary. PF doesn't provide effectively in such matters :smile:

Likes isukatphysics69
BvU said:
You're entitled to a bit of disappointment, not to a lamentation like this and self depreciation. Consider it a learning experience: planning, sleep, food, whatever is imoporant too and can only be ignored at a price. You come out of this better than you were. Cheer up.
Find a real shoulder if necessary. PF doesn't provide effectively in such matters :smile:
Alright man thank you, I'm sure i will be back posting 10 threads per week again in the fall for physics 2. Have a good summer
BvU said:
thank you for all the help, I'm sure I will be back for calculus 3 in a few weeks. Take care :)

Good show ! See you !