Gravitational waves and the multiverse

In summary, the existence of a multiverse and the possibility of a singularity at the center of a black hole giving rise to a baby universe are separate concepts with no concrete evidence or models. Therefore, it is not possible to detect such an event in the LIGO observatory.
Kaustubh Namjoshi
Assuming that the multiverse hypothesis is true and a singularity at the center of a black hole can give rise to another baby universe. Can we detect such an event in the LIGO observatory?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
To get a sound response, you need to cite a reference that claims there is a multiverse theory predicting a singularity can give rise to a baby universe.

Valid references are peer reviewed publications.

I suggest a better question (and I myself don't know the answer or I would offer it) might be -

Is there any event that might occur entirely inside a black hole that GR predicts could cause gravity waves outside the black hole?

Likes lomidrevo, davenn and berkeman
Kaustubh Namjoshi said:
Assuming that the multiverse hypothesis is true and a singularity at the center of a black hole can give rise to another baby universe. Can we detect such an event in the LIGO observatory?

As far as I know, there is no single "multiverse hypothesis" that leads to a fully fleshed out physical theory. You would have to specify exactly which theory you were asking about in order to get any answers since whether or not "external universes" can be detected via gravitational waves would be entirely model/theory dependent.

Likes mfb and Kaustubh Namjoshi
Kaustubh Namjoshi said:
Assuming that the multiverse hypothesis is true
There are a couple of completely unrelated ideas that would all lead to the existence of things you could call separate universes. There is no "multiverse hypothesis".

Baby universes from black holes are among the most exotic ideas, and they don't really have a proper working model. We also couldn't detect that.

1. What are gravitational waves?

Gravitational waves are ripples in the fabric of spacetime, caused by the acceleration of massive objects. They were first predicted by Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity.

2. How are gravitational waves detected?

Gravitational waves are detected using highly sensitive instruments called interferometers, which measure tiny changes in the distance between two objects caused by passing gravitational waves.

3. What is the significance of detecting gravitational waves?

Detecting gravitational waves confirms the existence of these ripples in spacetime and provides evidence for the predictions of general relativity. It also opens up new possibilities for studying the universe and its origins.

4. What is the multiverse theory?

The multiverse theory suggests that there may be multiple universes, each with its own set of physical laws and conditions. The existence of a multiverse is still a highly debated topic among scientists.

5. How do gravitational waves relate to the multiverse theory?

Gravitational waves could potentially provide evidence for the existence of a multiverse, as they could be caused by collisions between different universes. However, more research and evidence is needed to support this connection.