Hearing Aid Pick-Up-Coil Circuits

In summary, the conversation was about incorporating a pick-up coil into a small analogue listening device to demonstrate induction loops. The person was having trouble finding a suitable pick-up coil circuit and was looking for a simple circuit with a 3V supply input. A reference circuit was provided for the microphone amplifier. The suggestion was made to study audio induction loops.
big_tobacco
Hello,

As the title suggests my query relates to hearing aid pick up coil circuits! I'm currently designing a small analogue listening device (a Transistor amplifier with a microphone input...simple!) however, I'm going beyond that and want to incorporate a small pick-up coil into the circuit, this would demonstrate 'Induction loops'. I have a good transistor amplifier circuit (3V supply) with AGC characteristics but I'm really having trouble finding an pick-up coil (telecoil) circuit...I exhausted google's stock of sites.

Does anyone have a simple circuit (preferably 3V supply input)?

Thanks

(For reference, circuit 2 in the page below is the circuit I'm basing my microphone amp on)
http://www.talkingelectronics.com/projects/HearingAid-2/HearingAid-2.html

Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What is a hearing aid pick-up-coil circuit?

A hearing aid pick-up-coil circuit is a type of electronic circuit used in hearing aids to amplify and process sound signals. It consists of a pick-up coil, which is a wire wrapped around a magnetic core, and various electronic components that help convert sound waves into electrical signals and amplify them for the user to hear.

2. How does a hearing aid pick-up-coil circuit work?

The pick-up coil in the circuit acts as a miniature microphone, converting sound waves into electrical signals. These signals are then sent to the amplifier, which increases their strength. The amplified signals are then processed and sent to the speaker, which converts them back into sound waves that can be heard by the user.

3. What are the benefits of using a hearing aid pick-up-coil circuit?

One of the main benefits of using a hearing aid pick-up-coil circuit is that it can help improve the user's ability to hear sounds, especially in noisy environments. It can also be customized to meet the specific needs of the user, such as adjusting the volume or frequency range. Additionally, these circuits are compact and lightweight, making them convenient to use.

4. Can a hearing aid pick-up-coil circuit be used with all types of hearing aids?

Yes, a hearing aid pick-up-coil circuit can be used with most types of hearing aids, including behind-the-ear, in-the-ear, and completely-in-the-canal devices. However, it is important to consult with a hearing healthcare professional to determine if a specific circuit is compatible with a particular hearing aid and to ensure proper functioning.

5. How do I maintain and care for a hearing aid pick-up-coil circuit?

To ensure the optimal performance and lifespan of a hearing aid pick-up-coil circuit, it is important to regularly clean and maintain it. This may include wiping the circuit with a dry cloth, avoiding exposure to moisture, and replacing the battery as needed. It is also recommended to have the circuit checked and serviced by a professional annually.