Hecht optics: Request for screenshot of this figure please

In summary, there was a request for someone to screenshot a figure from a book and send it. The discussion also touched upon copyright laws and the possibility of the OP taking a picture themselves.
e101101
Homework Statement
need figure to solve problem.
Relevant Equations
none
Can someone simply screenshot this figure and send to me: Consider Figure 5.4 d) on page 153 of Hecht. As shown, converging rays that are headed toward the point F convert to a plane wave upon hitting the boundary between n2 and n1.

Physics news on Phys.org
I could. It took me 4 minutes to find it. About 10$ at my current hourly rate. If you can explain why you want to let me steal this instead of infringing on his copyright yourself, I might be inclined to oblige...

e101101 said:
Homework Statement: need figure to solve problem.
Homework Equations: none

Can someone simply screenshot this figure and send to me: Consider Figure 5.4 d) on page 153 of Hecht. As shown, converging rays that are headed toward the point F convert to a plane wave upon hitting the boundary between n2 and n1.
Can't you just a (good quality) picture with your phone and attach that picture as a file in your post?

My phone can only phone ... looks like a nokia 105 but is at least twelve years old.
But thats's not the point.
I was referring to
1572361097189.png

And the apparent 'passive attitude' of the OP ...

Under "Fair Use" laws for copyrights, a very limited portion of a copyrighted work can be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of commenting on it or asking questions about it. Attribution needs to be included along with a link or citation to the original copyrighted work. As long as the OP includes a link or citation of the book and section with his post of the picture, that should qualify as Fair Use, IMO.

https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/what-is-fair-use/
BvU said:
My phone can only phone
LOL :smile:

Now all we need to know is why PF have to do the work instead of the OP ...

Likes berkeman

1. What is "Hecht optics"?

Hecht optics refers to the textbook "Optics" written by Eugene Hecht. It is a comprehensive and widely-used resource for studying the principles of optics.

2. Who is Eugene Hecht?

Eugene Hecht is a professor emeritus of physics at Adelphi University. He is the author of the textbook "Optics" and has made significant contributions to the field of optics.

3. What is the significance of this figure in "Hecht optics"?

The figure requested is likely a diagram or illustration that is referenced in the text. It may help to clarify a concept or demonstrate a phenomenon related to optics.

4. Can I get a screenshot of this figure?

Unfortunately, as a scientist, I do not have access to the requested figure. It would be best to refer to the textbook or contact the publisher for a screenshot or permission to use it.

5. Why is a screenshot necessary for understanding "Hecht optics"?

A screenshot of a figure in "Hecht optics" may be necessary for a visual learner or for better understanding of a complex concept. It can also be used as a reference for further study or as a visual aid for presentations.