Hello, ferrite rod coupling inductor, I dont understand

In summary,This circuit is an example of a regenerative receiver which was popular back in the 1940s or so (when radio tubes were expensive). The circuit around the ferrite rod creates a tuned antenna with a slight positive feedback trough Q1. L1 and CV is the tuning part. Q2 isolates the Radio Frequency part from the Audio Frequency part. D1, C3 and R6 is the AM (Amplitude Modulation) demodulator.
michael1978
hi to everybody,

can somebody tell me, ferrit rod coils, is a transformer?
if yes how do you calculate? what is the formula

how you select the coupling inductor L2 or L3...

because like i read the maing inductor must connect to capacitor(for frequency to find min and max i understand)
but what about L2 or L3 is the output ferrit rod

So now how is formula ? is transformer,
i find very importand for me thanks..

Engineering news on Phys.org
It is difficult to understand what you are asking. Do you have a specific example? If so, please show what you do understand, and what you are having trouble with in the circuit.

Is this about your previous ferrite rod antenna topic?

The answer is a kind of 'yes'. That's why you can tune with one coil, and take the signal from the other (with the first coil designed for selectivity, ant the other is for the required impedance of the following amplifier stage).

However, I don't know how should it be calculated since it is not really my area.

scottdave said:
It is difficult to understand what you are asking. Do you have a specific example? If so, please show what you do understand, and what you are having trouble with in the circuit.
yes i have
here the circuit
REGEN 3.jpg

Attachments

• REGEN 3.jpg
    REGEN 3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 668
Rive said:
Is this about your previous ferrite rod antenna topic?

The answer is a kind of 'yes'. That's why you can tune with one coil, and take the signal from the other (with the first coil designed for selectivity, ant the other is for the required impedance of the following amplifier stage).

However, I don't know how should it be calculated since it is not really my area.
so is kind of transformer, i know the main coil with vc, but the oupling i don't understand, can you show me one example please?

As I said, it's just not my area, I can't help.

If you could not get help so far, then I would suggest an old style 'offline' library with a decent collection of books about electronics from 50' to 60' or so.
Sometimes there is no help on the internet.

This circuit is an example of a regenerative receiver which was popular back in the 1940s or so (when radio tubes were expensive). The circuit around the ferrite rod creates a tuned antenna with a slight positive feedback trough Q1. L1 and CV is the tuning part. Q2 isolates the Radio Frequency part from the Audio Frequency part. D1, C3 and R6 is the AM (Amplitude Modulation) demodulator.

Likes davenn
Svein said:
This circuit is an example of a regenerative receiver which was popular back in the 1940s or so (when radio tubes were expensive). The circuit around the ferrite rod creates a tuned antenna with a slight positive feedback trough Q1. L1 and CV is the tuning part. Q2 isolates the Radio Frequency part from the Audio Frequency part. D1, C3 and R6 is the AM (Amplitude Modulation) demodulator.
ok, so we leave regenerativ, for example if we want coupling L2 only main with vc resonant and coupling how to know how many turns?

Rive said:
As I said, it's just not my area, I can't help.

If you could not get help so far, then I would suggest an old style 'offline' library with a decent collection of books about electronics from 50' to 60' or so.
Sometimes there is no help on the internet.
exactly i search a lot...before i asking in forum

michael1978 said:
ok, so we leave regenerativ, for example if we want coupling L2 only main with vc resonant and coupling how to know how many turns?
The regenerative setup changes the sensitivity of the tuned circuit, therefore you need another schematic.
simple-am-receiver-diagram.gif

Attachments

• simple-am-receiver-diagram.gif
    simple-am-receiver-diagram.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 913
Svein said:
The regenerative setup changes the sensitivity of the tuned circuit, therefore you need another schematic.
View attachment 224182
Thankss man

1. What is a ferrite rod coupling inductor?

A ferrite rod coupling inductor is an electronic component that is used to create a magnetic field in order to store energy or filter out certain frequencies in a circuit. It is made up of a ferrite core, which is a type of ceramic material with high magnetic permeability, and a coil of wire wrapped around the core.

2. How does a ferrite rod coupling inductor work?

A ferrite rod coupling inductor works by using the properties of the ferrite material to create a magnetic field when an electric current flows through the wire. This magnetic field can then interact with other components in the circuit to store energy or filter out certain frequencies.

3. Why is a ferrite rod coupling inductor used?

A ferrite rod coupling inductor is used in electronic circuits to perform various functions such as energy storage, filtering out noise and interference, and impedance matching. It is commonly used in radio frequency (RF) circuits, power supplies, and telecommunications equipment.

4. How is a ferrite rod coupling inductor different from other types of inductors?

A ferrite rod coupling inductor is different from other types of inductors in that it uses a ferrite core instead of an air core or other materials. This allows for a higher inductance and better performance at high frequencies. It also has a different shape and size compared to other inductors, making it suitable for specific applications.

5. How do I choose the right ferrite rod coupling inductor for my circuit?

Choosing the right ferrite rod coupling inductor for your circuit depends on several factors such as the required inductance, frequency range, and current rating. It is important to consult the datasheet and consider the specifications of the inductor to ensure it meets the requirements of your circuit. Additionally, consulting with a professional or doing further research can also help in selecting the right inductor for your application.