Help a newbie with schematic symbols ^_^

In summary, the conversation is about identifying schematic symbols and their meanings. The symbols appear to be used in one-line diagrams and the "M" stands for motor, "C" for clock, and "EG" for emergency generator. The full schematic would need to be seen for further clarification.
MrSen
Help a newbie with schematic symbols ^_^"

Hey all!

Im kinda stucked here with these symbols. Does anyone have any idea?

6qblas.jpg

1. I think its a terminal, but I am not that sure, since it is connected to a circuit-breaker (which is connected to a transformator)

2. Just to clarify, is 250A the current rating of the circuit breaker?

3. What does this "M" stand for?

4. What does this "C" stand for?

5. What does this "12 of" stand for?

6. "EG" ?

Thanks a lot for all the help! ;)

Engineering news on Phys.org

Welcome to PF.

These symbols appear to be those used in "one-line/single-line diagrams".

http://www.red-bag.com/imageslib/BN-DS-E2_02.pdf"

M = motor
C = clock?
EG = emergency generator?

I would want to see the full schematic to know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

I haven't seen a lot of these, but I'm not that experienced either. The * i have seen as some type of off-page connectors before though.

1. What are schematic symbols?

Schematic symbols are graphical representations of electronic or electrical components, such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors. They are used in circuit diagrams to depict the different parts of a circuit and their connections.

2. Why are schematic symbols important?

Schematic symbols are important because they allow engineers and technicians to easily communicate and understand complex circuits without having to physically build them. They also help in the design and troubleshooting of circuits.

3. Where can I find a list of schematic symbols?

There are many resources available online that provide lists of schematic symbols, such as engineering websites, electronic component manufacturers, and circuit design software. Some common symbols can also be found in textbooks or engineering reference books.

4. Can schematic symbols vary between different industries or countries?

Yes, schematic symbols can vary between industries or countries. For example, some symbols used in the automotive industry may be different from those used in the aerospace industry. Also, different countries may have their own standard symbols for certain components.

5. Are there any rules for creating schematic symbols?

Yes, there are some general rules for creating schematic symbols. These include using standard shapes and colors for different components, keeping the symbols simple and easy to understand, and ensuring that the symbols accurately represent the function of the component.