HELP cartesian form vector help

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for urgent help with calculating Adotb and BxA in cartesian form for given vectors. The speaker expresses their struggle with understanding these equations and asks for tips and resources to better understand them before their upcoming test. A recommendation is given for videos on dot and cross products to help with understanding.
1barcafan
URGENT HELP! cartesian form vector help!

Homework Statement

given the following vectors, calculate Adotb and BxA. Express your answers in cartesian Form

A= +6X-3Y+4Z B= -3X+1Y-5Z

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

My teacher went over this in about five minutes making it seem like easiest thing in the world the last class before the test and told us its going to be on the test. I'm stuck now and don't know how to do these types of equations. it would also help if anybody has tips on how i would go about doing a problem like (0,5,6)--->(1,3,8). Test is tomorrow at 9, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org

thank you! i love this guy, but i didn't know he had videos on this.

Related to HELP cartesian form vector help

1. What is Cartesian form vector?

Cartesian form vector is a way to represent a vector in 3-dimensional space using Cartesian coordinates. It is also known as the rectangular form or standard form of a vector.

2. How do I convert a vector into Cartesian form?

To convert a vector into Cartesian form, you need to determine its three components in the x, y, and z directions. These components are then written as an ordered triple (x,y,z) to represent the vector in Cartesian form.

3. What is the difference between Cartesian form and polar form of a vector?

The Cartesian form of a vector uses Cartesian coordinates to represent a vector in 3-dimensional space, while the polar form of a vector uses polar coordinates (magnitude and angle) to represent a vector. The polar form is more useful when dealing with circular or rotational motion.

4. How can I perform vector operations using Cartesian form?

You can perform vector operations such as addition, subtraction, and scalar multiplication using Cartesian form by simply adding, subtracting, or multiplying the corresponding components of the two vectors. This makes vector operations easier to visualize and calculate.

5. Why is Cartesian form important in physics and mathematics?

Cartesian form is important in physics and mathematics because it provides a clear and concise way to represent and manipulate vectors in 3-dimensional space. It also allows for easier visualization and calculation of vector operations, making it a useful tool in solving problems in physics and mathematics.