Help for Trig or geometry? Where can i find the help?

In summary, the individual is seeking help with a question on trigonometry and is advised to post it in the homework section of a physics forum. They are also asked to include their own efforts and thoughts in solving the problem, and are reassured that the forum moderators can move the thread if it is in the wrong section.
Witcher
I am going over review to cover some trig fundamentals. Am stuck and am looking for the right place to get help for a question.

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
Witcher said:
Will it be ok eventhough it is below precal?
The wording "precalculus" and "calculus" isn't perfect. It's pretty easy: if it has a derivative it's calculus and if not it's precalculus. But we can move wrongly located threads, so don't put too much thought in it.

1. What are some reliable resources for help with trigonometry or geometry?

There are several options for finding help with trigonometry or geometry. Some popular resources include online tutoring websites, math-specific forums or communities, and local tutoring centers. Additionally, many textbooks and math workbooks also offer helpful explanations and practice problems.

2. How can I improve my understanding of trigonometry and geometry?

One of the best ways to improve your understanding of these subjects is through practice. Make sure to complete all assigned homework and practice problems, and if you're still struggling, consider seeking additional help from a tutor or teacher. It can also be helpful to break down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable pieces to better understand them.

3. Are there any online tools or apps that can assist with learning trigonometry and geometry?

Yes, there are many online tools and apps available that can help with learning trigonometry and geometry. These include interactive simulations, practice problems, and visual aids that can make these subjects easier to understand. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Desmos, and GeoGebra.

4. How can I approach word problems in trigonometry and geometry?

Word problems in these subjects can be challenging, but there are a few strategies you can use to approach them. First, make sure to carefully read the problem and identify what information is given and what you are trying to find. Then, draw a diagram or sketch to visualize the problem. Finally, use the appropriate formulas and equations to solve the problem, and don't forget to check your work for accuracy.

5. Are there any specific study tips for trigonometry and geometry?

Some helpful study tips for these subjects include reviewing your notes and textbook regularly, practicing with a variety of problems, and seeking help when needed. It's also important to stay organized and manage your time effectively, as these subjects often build upon previous concepts. Additionally, don't be afraid to ask questions and participate in class discussions to deepen your understanding.