Help me understand how this breadboard works?

In summary: I do understand I ve wathed some youtube classes about itThere are three connections on the breadboard: a power supply, a red wire connected to the power supply, and a black wire connected to the ground (or negative) terminal of the power supply.
Purpleshinyrock
TL;DR Summary
Hello I need help understanding this lab class (my first one) about assembling a circuit using 3 resistances, an 2 multimeter and a power supply on a breadboard(protoboard)
Hello. I am trying to replicate my first lab class and I was having troule the whole time , the teacher has to attend to other students i ended up not understanding fully what i needed to do.
questions I have: what wires connect on the v(multimeter )and (A )multimeter with the resistance .Heres the circuit as well as the goals of the class down bellow.
Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 18-20-36 Microsoft Word - ICir_LAB1_Out2021_P_v1 - ICir_Trab1 pdf.png

1. Assemble the circuit in figure a) with a voltmeter, ammeter and with R = 2.7KΩ. apply
voltages: 5V; 10V; 15V; 20V; 25V, varying the voltage at the source, noting the voltages indicated on the voltmeter and the respective current intensities indicated on the
ammeter

2. Change the value of R to 10MΩ. With a voltage of 25V, note the intensity of
current indicated on the ammeter and the corresponding voltage indicated on the voltmeter.

3. With R = 10MΩ, assemble the circuit in the configuration in figure b). with the same tension
25V, note the current intensity indicated on the ammeter and the voltage indicated
on the voltmeter.

1. For item 1, graph using EXCEL, Matlab or program
equivalent voltages as a function of currents (in abscissa).

2. From the results of paragraph 1, it can be concluded that there is direct proportionality between the
voltage and current? Justify. See what the slope of the line corresponds to, what is the
value?

heres what i did so far:
*find a simulator so I can practice without damaging my breadboard(or blowing up the house)
*learn how to display the resistors in series and paralel
Captura de ecrã 2021-11-08 181710.png
here's an image o what I am trying to do or exercise 1.

items in the image

yellow ones
2 multimeters : the one on the let set or volts (V), the one on the right set for amperes(A)
3 resistors : the one in the bbreadbord is suposed to be 2,70 (it registered as 2 because i didnt enter as a ".")
grey item(power supply).

Can you help me understand so that I may be better prepared next time?
Your time and attention are deeply appreciated.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2021-11-08 181710.png
    Captura de ecrã 2021-11-08 181710.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you please identify all the items in your attachment?

1. Do you understand how the breadboard is internally connected ?
2. Do you understand how to read a colour code ?

The meter on the left is selected to be a voltmeter.
The meter on the right is selected to be an ammeter.
The ammeter on the right is wrongly? connected across a Red-Blk-Red = 2k resistor.

The other resistors are Brn-Blk-Red = 1k, and Brn-Blk-Blue = 10 Megohm.

1 a: I do understand I ve wathed some youtube classes about it
2: no I do not but I plan on learn it tomorrrow

Baluncore said:
The ammeter on the right is wrongly? connected across a Red-Blk-Red = 2k resistor
yes . I was trying to sole the exercise but decided to stop and ask or help since i didnt know where the connection goes

AZFIREBALL said:
Can you please identify all the items in your attachment?
is it better identiiable now?

Purpleshinyrock said:
is it better identiiable now?

you still haven't labelled anything

You stated: '1 a: I do understand I ve wathed some youtube classes about it '
Tell us how the breadboard is connected internally...as you currently understand it.

1. How does a breadboard work?

A breadboard is a device used to create temporary electronic circuits. It consists of a grid of holes where electronic components can be inserted and connected using wires. The holes are arranged in rows and columns, with each row and column connected internally. This allows for easy connection and organization of components without the need for soldering.

2. What is the purpose of a breadboard?

A breadboard is primarily used for prototyping and testing electronic circuits. It allows for quick and easy assembly of circuits without the need for soldering, making it ideal for experimenting and making changes to a circuit design. It is also commonly used in educational settings to teach students about circuitry and electronics.

3. How do I use a breadboard?

To use a breadboard, start by placing your electronic components on the board. Then, use wires to connect the components together following the desired circuit design. The holes in the breadboard are connected in a specific pattern, so it is important to refer to a breadboard diagram or datasheet to ensure proper connections. Once all components are connected, the circuit can be powered and tested.

4. Can I reuse a breadboard?

Yes, breadboards are designed to be reusable. The components and wires can be easily removed and rearranged to create new circuits. However, over time the connections in the breadboard may become loose or worn, so it is important to handle it carefully to ensure its longevity.

5. Are there any limitations to using a breadboard?

While breadboards are great for prototyping and testing circuits, they do have some limitations. They are not suitable for high-frequency circuits as the connections may cause interference. Additionally, the connections in a breadboard are not as secure as soldered connections, so they may become loose over time. It is important to keep these limitations in mind when using a breadboard for your projects.