Help with my Karnaugh map circuit: it does not work

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with the simulation of a circuit and the use of K-maps to simplify a truth table. The speaker also mentions that the boolean equation derived from the maps may be too large and asks for clarification on the inputs and outputs of the circuit. They also suggest providing more details and definitions to make the question easier to understand.
Noob of the Maths
Homework Statement
Karnaugh map
Relevant Equations
ng
Hi! Good night ;)

I have made the simplification of my circuit from the truth table using maps of.
Everything looks good, however the simulation does not work in many cases according to the truth table.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-10 a la(s) 0.47.06.png
Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-09 a la(s) 23.55.25.png

I notice that my boolean equation taken from the maps looks very big, is there the error?
Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-10 a la(s) 0.00.06.png

If it is ok, the error is my circuit?
tablaverdad.png

Thanks for read!

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-09 a la(s) 20.40.59.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-09 a la(s) 20.40.59.png
    139 KB · Views: 75
Physics news on Phys.org
One of the problems with social media sites like PF is that you are getting feedback from volunteers. They may choose to help or not depending on their own level of interest and the difficulty required. So, you will get more and/or better responses if you make your questions easy to understand.

I do know about K-maps and I am confident I could solve this problem. But, the way you've asked is frankly more confusing than the engineering required. I don't know what A, B, C, and D are or how they relate to the other table or the schematic (eg. what does D1 indicate). I suppose I could probably figure it out with reverse engineering, but I'm just not motivated enough right now given how confusing you've made it. When understanding the question is harder than solving the problem, I'll tend to move on.

So, maybe you could add some more detail about what you are doing and why? Maybe you could define some of the labels you've introduced?

Finally, boolean expressions that are derived from truth tables can be very big before they are reduced with logic. For example: ## xyz + xy\bar{z} + x\bar{y}z + x\bar{y}\bar{z} = x ##

Likes berkeman
Agreed.

For example, the circuit looks like ABCD are the inputs, but your truth table has different inputs and some inputs at the outputs?

1646926012924.png

berkeman said:
Agreed.

For example, the circuit looks like ABCD are the inputs, but your truth table has different inputs and some inputs at the outputs?

View attachment 298211
Yes, that's because the names corresponding to thins like "valve" "high level" "temperature" etc. but yes, it is ABCD

Noob of the Maths said:
Yes, that's because the names corresponding to thins like "valve" "high level" "temperature" etc. but yes, it is ABCD
Then what are the outputs?

1. Why is my Karnaugh map circuit not working?

There could be several reasons why your Karnaugh map circuit is not working. It could be due to incorrect input values, errors in the circuit design, or faulty components.

2. How can I check for errors in my Karnaugh map circuit?

You can check for errors in your Karnaugh map circuit by double-checking your input values, carefully reviewing your circuit design, and testing each component individually to ensure they are functioning properly.

3. What should I do if my Karnaugh map circuit is still not working after checking for errors?

If your Karnaugh map circuit is still not working after checking for errors, you may need to consult with a colleague or seek help from a more experienced engineer. They may be able to identify the issue and provide a solution.

4. Is there a specific procedure for troubleshooting a Karnaugh map circuit?

Yes, there is a specific procedure for troubleshooting a Karnaugh map circuit. This includes checking for errors, testing each component, and consulting with others for assistance if needed.

5. Can I use a Karnaugh map to simplify any type of circuit?

Yes, a Karnaugh map can be used to simplify any type of digital circuit. However, it is most commonly used for circuits with 3 or 4 variables. For circuits with more variables, other methods may be more efficient.