Help with ORTHANC DICOM server

• Thread starter big man
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Server
In summary, the person is looking for help setting up an ORTHANC DICOM server on their work computer. They are not very knowledgeable in computer programming and are seeking advice and guidance. Specifically, they are wondering if there are any differences in the send/receive settings for receiving dose structured reports. They are grateful for any help or advice and have been directed to some resources, including a tutorial, installation guide, and user group for ORTHANC.
big man
TL;DR Summary
This is just a quick post to maybe ask someone for help that has experience with working with ORTHANC and setting it up in a clinical environment to send and receive images from a modality.
Hi there,

I was hoping to set up an ORTHANC DICOM server on my work computer and I guess computer programming isn't my strength. I was just wondering if anyone has much experience with this and would be willing to field a couple of questions from me that would help me get this set up. In particular I guess I want to know if anything different needs to be down in terms of the send/receive settings in order to be able to receive dose structured reports?

Thanks in advance for any participation or advice.

Technology news on Phys.org
  • Informative
Likes anorlunda

What is ORTHANC DICOM server?

ORTHANC DICOM server is an open-source software used for medical imaging, specifically for storing, retrieving, and transferring DICOM files. It is designed to be lightweight, fast, and easy to use.

How do I install ORTHANC DICOM server?

The installation process for ORTHANC DICOM server varies depending on your operating system. However, there are detailed installation instructions available on the official ORTHANC website. It is recommended to follow these instructions carefully to ensure a successful installation.

What are the system requirements for running ORTHANC DICOM server?

The minimum system requirements for running ORTHANC DICOM server are a 64-bit operating system (Windows, Linux, or macOS), at least 1 GB of RAM, and 1 GB of free disk space. However, for optimal performance, it is recommended to have at least 4 GB of RAM and 10 GB of free disk space.

Can I use ORTHANC DICOM server for commercial purposes?

Yes, ORTHANC DICOM server is open-source software and can be used for both personal and commercial purposes without any licensing fees. However, if you make any modifications to the source code, those modifications must also be shared as open-source.

How do I access and manage my DICOM files using ORTHANC DICOM server?

ORTHANC DICOM server has a built-in web interface that can be accessed through a web browser. This interface allows users to upload, download, and manage DICOM files, as well as perform other tasks such as anonymization and conversion. There are also various plugins available for additional functionality.