Help with the design of a Crescent Rose weapon

• Thread starter hsdrop
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Design
In summary, there are few people that have made a Crescent Rose-like device. It would be helpful to have help with the design so that it can be 3D printed or modeled in a CAD program.
hsdrop
hello everyone, me and my son have been slowly working on a design project of our oun. We are trying to build a fully working Crescent Rose (without the razor sharp edges and firing pin to shot bullets) build out of machined metal components or 3D printer. If you don't know what a Crescent Rose is just google it and you will be over loaded with pics of it. For quite some time now me and my kid have been trying to come up with the internal working of the collapsible synth. I would love any and all input from anyone that has ideas on how to build it or how they would get the inner working to work. I was thinking a 3D cad like drawing program to help building the synth into a 3D printable model or at least cnc meachenable (I am not opposed to making the hole thing my hand if need be). If you would like to see the synth unfold go to youtube and look for "RWBY red trailer" or the first episode of "RWBY chapter one ruby rose" about 3:00-3:30 into the video

any and all feedback is welcome also thank you ahead of time for helping me and my boy out with our pet project

Engineering news on Phys.org
Looks like there are a few that have been built on YouTube, maybe check there and on RPForums first?

Mech_Engineer said:
Looks like there are a few that have been built on YouTube, maybe check there and on RPForums first?
I have seen all the ones on youtube and and wale all of the people have put a lot of time and effort into making them. Me and my boy would like to create something that look a bit more realistic and would work the same way it would in the show (witch my kid keeps pointing out to me) No one has ever made one that folds up like in the show much less made workable plans to get one to work in the manner as the one in the show. Just having help with some planes would make me and my boy thrilled. I have started to work up some rough sketches on graph paper but it's slow going. On a side note I'm a little new to the whole form thing and this is the only one right now that I'm a part of at the moment I was not aware of the rp form and will look into it:bugeye::partytime:
I do thank you for taking the time to look into it throw

1. What materials should be used to make a Crescent Rose weapon?

The most common materials used to make a Crescent Rose weapon are metal, wood, and plastic. The metal should be strong enough to withstand impact and the weight of the weapon, while the wood and plastic can be used for decoration or to add weight to specific parts of the weapon.

2. How long should the scythe blade be?

The length of the scythe blade can vary depending on personal preference, but it should typically be at least 2-3 feet long to maintain the traditional look of a scythe. However, for safety reasons, it should not be too long that it becomes difficult to handle or too heavy to carry.

3. How can the weapon be transformed into a gun?

The transformation mechanism of the Crescent Rose weapon can be achieved through a combination of hinges, gears, and springs. These components can be strategically placed within the weapon's design to allow for a smooth and efficient transformation. It is important to consider the weight and balance of the weapon to ensure that it can be easily transformed by the user.

4. Can the weapon be customized?

Yes, the Crescent Rose weapon can be customized to suit personal preferences or specific needs. It can be modified in terms of size, weight, color, and other design elements. However, it is important to keep in mind the functionality and safety of the weapon when making any modifications.

5. Is there a specific way to hold and use the weapon?

While there is no specific way to hold and use a Crescent Rose weapon, it is recommended to practice with it and find a grip that is comfortable and allows for efficient use of both the scythe and gun forms. It is also important to follow basic safety guidelines when handling any type of weapon.