Help with two electrical circuits please

In summary, the conversation discusses how to find voltage, current, and potency in two circuits using KCL and KVL equations. The individual is unsure about the direction of current flow and asks for help. The response advises them to choose arbitrary directions for current and mark them on the diagram, then use KVL and KVC equations to solve for the values. If a negative value is obtained, it indicates that the current is going in the opposite direction of the chosen direction.
diegovmtj
OP warned about not having an attempt at a solution
Hey, I am having problems with this. I need help with these 2 circuits I am basically lost and not sure how to start. I need to find voltage, current and potency on each resistance

help would be much appreciated, thank you

http://imgur.com/trm1On0

http://imgur.com/a/KD3zr

Physics news on Phys.org
What have you tried?

i know that i have to use the KCL in each node, then use KVL to find the 4 equations so i can get the currents and voltages, the thing is that i don't know if the currents are going in or out of the nodes

diegovmtj said:
i know that i have to use the KCL in each node, then use KVL to find the 4 equations so i can get the currents and voltages, the thing is that i don't know if the currents are going in or out of the nodes
It doesn't matter what you choose for the current directions, the math will "self correct" any bad choices so long as you stick to your choices while you write the equations. If a current direction was chosen incorrectly the result will be a negative value for that current, telling you that it flows in the direction opposite of your guess.

+1

Choose/define an arbitrary direction for +ve current in each loop and mark on the diagram.
Work out what that current means for the polarity of voltage drops across resistors and mark those on the diagram.
Write KVL equations based on those voltages.
Write KVC equations for the nodes (perhaps assume current going into a node is +ve).
Solve the simultaneous equations
If a current turns out to have a -ve value then it's going the opposite way to the arrow on your diagram.

1. What is the purpose of using two electrical circuits?

The use of two electrical circuits helps to divide and distribute the electrical load, preventing overloading of a single circuit. This also allows for better control and flexibility in powering different devices or appliances.

2. Can two electrical circuits be connected to each other?

Yes, two electrical circuits can be connected to each other through a common power source, such as a circuit breaker panel. However, it is important to ensure that the circuits are properly wired and have the correct voltage and current ratings to avoid potential hazards.

3. How do I troubleshoot issues with two electrical circuits?

To troubleshoot issues with two electrical circuits, start by checking if the circuits have power by using a voltage tester. If there is no power, check the circuit breaker or fuse. If there is power but the circuit is not working, check for loose connections, damaged wires, or faulty components. It is recommended to consult a licensed electrician for more complex issues.

4. Can I add more devices to an existing electrical circuit?

It is not recommended to add more devices to an existing electrical circuit as it can lead to overloading and potential hazards. If you need to add more devices, it is best to install a new circuit or redistribute the load among different circuits.

5. How do I determine the size of the electrical circuit needed?

The size of an electrical circuit is determined by the total wattage of all the devices connected to it. You can calculate the wattage by multiplying the voltage and amperage of each device. It is important to ensure that the circuit has a higher capacity than the total wattage of the devices to prevent overloading.