Hi! I'm doing BSc.(Honors) Physics Degree in Sri Lanka ( USJP). SayHi☺

• Thread starter Binura Chathumina
  • Start date
  • Tags
    #physics
Binura Chathumina
How did you find PF?: I'm using Instagram. My ID is soy_binac (Binur Abeysekara)

Hi I'm doing a physics degree in University of Sri Jayawardena Pura, Sri Lanka. I want to know Can I do Nuclear engineering as my masters in future?

Likes DeBangis21 and gmax137
Physics news on Phys.org
I know and have worked with many people who have physics BS and nuclear engineering MS. In the US. I don't know anything about the situation in Sri Lanka.

Likes Binura Chathumina, DeBangis21 and jtbell
OP:

Write down a list of candidate schools you are considering for a master's in nuclear engineering program. Then check their websites for admissions requirements. If they are not posted, e-mail the departments.

Welcome to PF.

Likes Binura Chathumina
DeBangis21 said:
Welcome to PF.
☺️❤️ Thank you

gmax137 said:
I know and have worked with many people who have physics BS and nuclear engineering MS. In the US. I don't know anything about the situation in Sri Lanka.
Oh Thank you so much brother for your informations☺️

Binura Chathumina said:
☺️❤️ Thank you
You are welcome, fellow physics undergrad.

Likes Binura Chathumina

1. What is the duration of the BSc.(Honors) Physics Degree program at USJP?

The BSc.(Honors) Physics Degree program at USJP typically takes 4 years to complete.

2. Can I pursue a career in research after completing this degree?

Yes, this degree prepares students for a career in research in various fields of physics such as astrophysics, nuclear physics, and quantum mechanics.

3. Are there any specific admission requirements for this program?

Yes, applicants must have a minimum of three passes at the G.C.E. Advanced Level examination in the Physical Science stream, including Physics and Mathematics.

4. What are some potential job opportunities after completing this degree?

Graduates of this program can pursue careers in industries such as aerospace, energy, and telecommunications. They can also work in research and development, education, and government agencies.

5. Is there a strong emphasis on practical learning in this program?

Yes, this program includes laboratory courses and research projects that allow students to gain hands-on experience and develop practical skills in the field of physics.