Homework question needed because physics teacher doesnt want to help me

In summary, an electron travels 1.68 m in 6.74 × 10−8 s and has a speed of 24925816.02 m/s. It is important to include units in calculations to avoid mistakes.
ArcherofScience

Homework Statement

An electron travels 1.68 m in 6.74 × 10−8 s.
How fast is it traveling?
Answer in units of m/s

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

(1.68)/ (6.74 x 10 ^ -8) = 24925816.02

i asked the teacher on this education facebook thingy for our school called edmodo if i was getting it right, teacher said he didn't understand what i meant by that :devil:. He didn't answer my second question, I'm now confused.

Physics news on Phys.org
Seems correct!

However, don't forget your units. This is very important as it will prevent you from making mistakes.

What you should write is:

[tex]\frac{1.68 m}{6.74\cdot 10 ^{ -8} s} = 24925816.02 \frac{m}{s}[/tex]

Last edited:
so it is correct and my calculator isn't crazy? thankyou micro so much :D ! yes i won't forget my units! :)

1. Why won't my physics teacher help me with my homework?

It's possible that your teacher wants you to practice your problem-solving skills and figure out the homework on your own. However, it's also possible that your teacher is busy with other responsibilities and may not have time to help every student individually.

2. How can I get help with my physics homework if my teacher won't assist me?

You can try reaching out to classmates who may be able to help you or form a study group. You can also seek help from online resources such as tutoring websites or forums where you can ask for assistance from experts and other students.

3. What should I do if I don't understand a concept in my physics homework?

If you're struggling to understand a concept, it's important to first review your notes and textbooks to see if you missed any important information. If you still don't understand, try asking your teacher for clarification during class or seek help from a tutor or online resources.

4. Can I just copy the answers from someone else's physics homework?

No, copying someone else's answers is considered cheating and can result in serious consequences. It's important to do your own work and understand the concepts for yourself in order to succeed in the subject.

5. What should I do if I consistently struggle with my physics homework?

If you're consistently struggling with your physics homework, it may be helpful to talk to your teacher and see if they can provide extra resources or support. You can also consider seeking help from a tutor or joining a study group to get additional practice and clarification on difficult concepts.