How can I accurately create a 3D figure using given nets?

• MHB
  • Thread starter NehaAhuja
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Figure
In summary, the conversation is about a person needing help with creating a 3D figure based on top, side, and front views. They have tried a triangular prism, but the front view does not match. They have also been able to solve parts a, b, and c, but are struggling with part d. They have provided a sketch of a triangular prism for part d.
NehaAhuja
View attachment 9126

Hi
I need help with a problem on 'Nets'. I have attached an image , need help coming up with a 3D figure based on top, side and front views. The closest i could come to was a triangular prism but the front view does not seem to agree with the prism. Please help.
Thanks
Neha

Attachments

• Maths Net problem.jpg
    Maths Net problem.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 64
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I have been able to solve parts a, b and c. It is part (d) that I am struggling with, sorry should have mentioned that! Thanks

NehaAhuja said:
I have been able to solve parts a, b and c. It is part (d) that I am struggling with, sorry should have mentioned that! Thanks

My sketch for (d) is a triangular prism ...

1. What is a given net?

A given net is a two-dimensional representation of a three-dimensional figure. It is a flat pattern that can be folded to create the desired figure.

2. How do you draw a given net?

To draw a given net, you must first understand the three-dimensional figure you are trying to create. Then, you can use a ruler and protractor to measure and draw the appropriate angles and sides. Finally, you can cut out the net and fold it to create the figure.

3. What are some common figures that can be created using given nets?

Some common figures that can be created using given nets include cubes, pyramids, prisms, and cylinders. These figures are often used in geometry and can be found in everyday objects such as boxes and containers.

4. How do given nets help us understand three-dimensional figures?

Given nets provide a visual representation of a three-dimensional figure, allowing us to see its different faces and how they fit together. They also help us understand the relationship between the two-dimensional representation and the three-dimensional figure it creates.

5. Can given nets be used for complex figures?

Yes, given nets can be used for complex figures. However, they may require more measurements and precision in order to accurately create the three-dimensional figure. It is important to carefully follow the instructions and use precise measurements when working with complex given nets.