How can I find journals about this discovery?

In summary, the conversation is about finding journals or publications related to last year's discovery of a star devoured by a black hole. The article provides a link to the source paper from the American Association for the Advancement of Science, but if not a member, a free reprint can be obtained from arXiv at Cornell University Library.
Abdul.119
I'm looking for journals/publications for last year's discovery of a star devoured by a black hole https://hub.jhu.edu/2015/11/26/black-hole-eats-a-star/

But I don't know where to look, the incident/object is not given a specific name in the article, and I need more detailed information about it for a research

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Abdul.119 said:
I'm looking for journals/publications for last year's discovery of a star devoured by a black hole https://hub.jhu.edu/2015/11/26/black-hole-eats-a-star/

But I don't know where to look, the incident/object is not given a specific name in the article, and I need more detailed information about it for a research
The article you posted includes a link to the source American Association for the Advancement of Science paper. If you are not a member of the AAAS then you can obtain a free reprint from arXiv at Cornell University Library:

A radio jet from the optical and x-ray bright stellar tidal disruption flare ASASSN-14li - arXiv 1511.08803v2
http://arxiv.org/abs/1511.08803v2

Likes CalcNerd and Fervent Freyja

1. What is the best way to search for journals about my discovery?

The best way to search for journals about your discovery is to use a search engine or a database specifically designed for scientific literature, such as Google Scholar or PubMed. These tools allow you to search for keywords or phrases related to your discovery and provide a list of relevant journal articles.

2. How do I know which journals are reputable and reliable?

To determine the reliability and reputation of a journal, you can look at factors such as its impact factor, peer-review process, and editorial board. You can also check if the journal is indexed in reputable databases and if it follows ethical publishing practices.

3. Can I access journal articles for free?

While some journals may offer free access to their articles, most require a subscription or payment to access their content. However, you can often access journal articles for free through your institution's library or by using open access resources.

4. How can I narrow down my search for journals?

You can narrow down your search for journals by specifying certain criteria, such as the publication date, subject area, or type of article (e.g. review, original research). This can help you find more relevant and specific articles related to your discovery.

5. What if I can't find any journals about my discovery?

If you are unable to find any journals about your discovery, it may be because it is a relatively new or niche topic. In this case, you can try broadening your search terms or reaching out to experts in your field for recommendations on potential journals to publish in.