How Can I Improve My Self-Study Technique for Math?

• Thread starter Physicistpropeller
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Complex
In summary, the person is currently in 11th grade and has been feeling jealous of others who are excelling in their studies. They have been struggling with this complex for 5 months and are unsure of how to cope with it. They enjoy physics but struggle with math and their self-study techniques may need improvement. It is suggested that they seek therapy or find something they enjoy and become proficient in it. They are also advised to seek guidance from a teacher or professor for help with their self-study techniques.
Physicistpropeller
Hey guys...Im in 11th currently... actually meeting new people on internet used to inspire me but now it makes me all jealous...i am suffering from this complex from 5 months...like there are people of class 9th-10th who are doing UG courses and am such a slow learner i am just self studying whatever is in course plus only a bit of non routine courses...idk i am just accepting what am feeling...sorry if This isn't the place for this..sorry!

Like i am good in Physics... not in maths..just interested a lot and seeing other people solving IMO questions in so unexpected way makes me ughhh

Physics news on Phys.org
Physicistpropeller said:
Hey guys...Im in 11th currently... actually meeting new people on internet used to inspire me but now it makes me all jealous...i am suffering from this complex from 5 months..
Given the duration and apparent negative emotions/feelings, I would recommend seeing a therapist (psychologist or psychiatrist) or counselor. Otherwise, find something that one enjoys and become good at it.

I like to ride bicycles on the road, I like and enjoy running and playing soccer, but I would never qualify for the Olympics, let alone a university scholarship or varsity sport. I can't paint like a master, or play an instrument like a professional or rock star. There are many things I cannot do as well as many others, but I do many things that I enjoy and in which I have some level of proficiency.

Likes PhDeezNutz, Frisbee, Klystron and 5 others
Physicistpropeller said:
i am just self studying whatever is in course plus only a bit of non routine courses...
Like i am good in Physics... not in maths. [...]
My guess is that your "self-study" technique needs modification/improvement.

If you describe your current self-study technique, (especially in maths since you say you're not good at it), I might be able to offer suggestions...

Likes Physicistpropeller

1. What is an Inferiority Complex?

An inferiority complex is a psychological condition in which an individual consistently feels inadequate, unworthy, and inferior to others. This can lead to low self-esteem, self-doubt, and a constant need for reassurance from others.

2. What causes an Inferiority Complex?

An inferiority complex can develop due to a variety of factors, including childhood experiences, negative feedback or criticism from others, and societal pressures to conform to certain standards of success or beauty. It can also be linked to certain mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety.

3. How does an Inferiority Complex affect a person's behavior?

Individuals with an inferiority complex may exhibit behaviors such as constantly seeking validation and approval from others, avoiding situations that may trigger feelings of inadequacy, and putting themselves down. They may also have difficulty asserting themselves and may struggle with feelings of jealousy towards others.

4. Can an Inferiority Complex be treated?

Yes, an inferiority complex can be treated through therapy, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, which can help individuals identify and challenge negative thought patterns and build self-confidence. Medication may also be prescribed to manage any underlying mental health conditions.

5. How can I support someone with an Inferiority Complex?

If you know someone who may be struggling with an inferiority complex, it's important to be patient, understanding, and non-judgmental. Encourage them to seek professional help and offer your support in their journey towards building self-esteem and confidence. Avoid comparing them to others and instead focus on their unique strengths and qualities.