How can I model squeezed states in 3D optical modelling software?

In summary, the individual is interested in using optics software, specifically OptiFDTD or ZEMAX, to model the evolution of squeezed light and its properties, such as phase, when passing through lenses. However, they are unable to find a way to generate these states using an Optical Parametric Amplifier. They have come across a software called RP propulse that models Optical Parametric Oscillators, but they are unsure if it also models squeezed light and phase in 3D. They are also unable to access the software as they are working on this recreationally and not affiliated with any organization. They are seeking recommendations for a similar program that can help with their goal.
Sciencemaster
TL;DR Summary
Is there any way to model squeezed states of light in optical modelling software such as OptiFDTD or ZEMAX?
I would like to model squeezed light and its evolution (such as when passing through lenses after being generated) using optics software such as OptiFDTD or ZEMAX. However, I don’t see any way to make such states…my plan was to simulate an Optical Parametric Amplifier to generate these states but I can’t seem to find any way to do that. Is there any way to generate squeezed states of light in a 3D optical modelling software (that allows you to view properties such as phase after some evolution)?

Physics news on Phys.org
I found a software that models (or at least helps design) Optical Parametric Oscillators called RP propulse: https://www.rp-photonics.com/rp_propulse.html. However, I am unsure if this software models the evolution of squeezed light or properties such as phase in 3D.Moreover, I can't seem to get my hands on the software as I am doing this recreationally and am not working on this with any organization. Is there some similar program I could use for this? Any help would be appareciated.

1. What are squeezed states?

Squeezed states are quantum states of light that have reduced fluctuations in one quadrature (e.g. position or momentum) at the expense of increased fluctuations in the other quadrature. They are important for applications such as quantum information processing and precision measurements.

2. How can squeezed states be modeled in 3D optical modelling software?

Squeezed states can be modeled in 3D optical modelling software by using a combination of classical and quantum optical techniques. This involves setting up the appropriate parameters and boundary conditions to simulate the behavior of squeezed states in a given optical system.

3. What types of optical systems are suitable for modeling squeezed states?

Any optical system that involves the generation, manipulation, or detection of light can be suitable for modeling squeezed states. This includes systems such as interferometers, optical cavities, and nonlinear crystals.

4. What are some challenges in modeling squeezed states in 3D optical software?

One of the main challenges in modeling squeezed states is accurately representing the quantum effects that occur in these states. This requires specialized techniques and algorithms to properly simulate the quantum behavior of light.

5. How can the accuracy of squeezed state modeling be improved?

The accuracy of squeezed state modeling can be improved by using more advanced quantum optical techniques, such as quantum state tomography, to verify the results. Additionally, incorporating more detailed and realistic parameters in the simulation can also improve the accuracy of the model.