How can I solve these GHZ, 3 qubit quantum state problems?

MattiaBosco
TL;DR Summary: I have spent all day on these 2 problems but i cannot solve them. Can somebody give me any clue on the solution?

Screenshot 2023-11-30 234835.png
Screenshot 2023-11-30 234904.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Moderator's note: Thread moved to advanced physics homework forum.

@MattiaBosco please post whatever relevant equations you have and what attempts you have made at a solution.

1. How do I represent a GHZ state in terms of qubits?

To represent a GHZ state in terms of qubits, you can use the following notation: |GHZ⟩ = (|000⟩ + |111⟩) / √2, where |000⟩ and |111⟩ represent the states of the individual qubits.

2. How can I calculate the measurement outcomes of a GHZ state?

To calculate the measurement outcomes of a GHZ state, you can apply the measurement operators to the state vector and calculate the probabilities of measuring each possible outcome. For a GHZ state, the measurement outcomes will always be correlated.

3. What is entanglement in the context of GHZ states?

Entanglement in the context of GHZ states refers to the quantum correlation between the qubits that make up the state. In a GHZ state, the qubits are entangled in such a way that the measurement outcomes of one qubit are dependent on the measurement outcomes of the other qubits.

4. How can I prepare a GHZ state experimentally?

To prepare a GHZ state experimentally, you can use quantum gates to entangle the qubits in such a way that they form the desired GHZ state. This typically involves applying a series of operations to a set of qubits to create the entanglement required for the GHZ state.

5. What are some applications of GHZ states in quantum computing?

GHZ states have applications in quantum computing for tasks such as quantum error correction, quantum teleportation, and quantum cryptography. They can also be used to demonstrate the principles of quantum entanglement and superposition in experimental settings.