How could you move a substantial amount of air to a certain direction?

In summary, the conversation was about someone asking a question about a topic that came to their mind while in the bathroom. They clarified that it was not related to a fan or hot air balloon and apologized for not being able to explain it properly. The conversation ended with the suggestion to start a new thread with more information and links to relevant readings.
Spockishere
TL;DR Summary
When i mean moving air to a certain direction, i mean like the opposite to a vacuum cleaner, but capable of moving way more air.
This may be a weird question, but i was just in the bathroom and had to think about it out of nowhere. I would appreciate any answers!

Engineering news on Phys.org
A fan?

Likes Vanadium 50, russ_watters and anorlunda
Hot air balloon?

Ibix said:
A fan?
No not a fan or hot air balloon, I'm sorry guys nevermind i can't explain what i mean. I shouldn't have asked this question, my bad.

Spockishere said:
No not a fan or hot air balloon, I'm sorry guys nevermind i can't explain what i mean. I shouldn't have asked this question, my bad.
Okay, no worries. I'll close this thread now. If you can formulate a better version of your question, just go ahead and start a new thread. Be sure to post links in that new thread start to the reading that you've been doing to try to answer your own question. That will help us to understand the question better and be able to help you better. Thanks. :smile:

1. How does air move in a certain direction?

Air moves in a certain direction due to the difference in air pressure between two areas. Air naturally moves from high pressure areas to low pressure areas, creating air currents and wind.

2. What factors affect the movement of air?

The movement of air is affected by various factors such as temperature, humidity, air pressure, and the Earth's rotation. These factors can influence the speed and direction of air movement.

3. How can you control the direction of air flow?

The direction of air flow can be controlled by using devices such as fans, blowers, and air conditioners. These devices create air currents and direct them in a specific direction using blades or vents.

4. Can air be moved without a physical device?

Yes, air can be moved without a physical device through natural processes such as convection and wind. Convection occurs when warm air rises and cool air sinks, creating air movement. Wind is created by the Earth's uneven heating and rotation.

5. How can air movement be beneficial?

Air movement can be beneficial in various ways. It can help regulate temperature and humidity, distribute pollutants and allergens, and aid in the pollination of plants. It is also essential for many forms of transportation such as airplanes and sailboats.