How Do I Calculate Powder Amount in Grams for NKBT Perovskite Material?

In summary, the conversation is about a person working on NKBT Perovskite material and using a specific formula to create the sample. They are using various powders and are unsure about the amount of powder needed in grams according to stoichiometry. They are also unsure if they should use weight or mole percentages and if there is a difference. They are using a specific method to calculate the amount of powder needed and are asking for confirmation if it is correct. Another person confirms that the method is correct and suggests calculating molar ratio first and then converting it to weight ratio. The original person is grateful for the reply and asks if they can proceed in the same way. The conversation ends with confirmation that the method is correct.
paramahamsa
hello forum
I am working on NKBT Perovskite material.My formula is (Na0.5 K0.5)0.5 (Bi)0.5 TiO3
I am using NaNo3,KNO3,Bi(NO3)3.5H2O,TiO2 powders
my question is how much powder in grams I have to take according to stichometry.
Do I have to work in wt% or in Mole %.
is there any difference?
I am using this method
NaNO3 in Grms = molecular wt of NaNO3*no.of moles of NaNO3*5(i want to make 5 grms of total sample)/total molecular weight of compound.
Is this correct?
please reply.
actuall I am a physics major.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
To prepare the mix you have to convert everything to grams, there is no other reasonable way to measure amount of the solid than to weight it.

Calculate molar ratio first, then convert it to weight ratio using molar masses of the compounds used.

thank you for reply
so is my method is correct? or wrong?
can I proceed in the same way?

paramahamsa said:
NaNO3 in Grms = molecular wt of NaNO3*no.of moles of NaNO3*5(i want to make 5 grms of total sample)/total molecular weight of compound.

Looks OK to me.

I understand the importance of precise measurements and calculations in research. In order to determine the amount of powder in grams for your NKBT Perovskite material, you will need to use the stoichiometry of the compound. This involves using the molar ratios of each element in the formula to determine the amount of each powder needed.

First, you will need to convert the molar ratios to weight ratios by using the molecular weight of each compound. This will give you the weight of each powder needed in grams. Then, you can use the weight ratios to determine the total amount of powder needed for your desired amount of sample (in this case, 5 grams).

In terms of working in wt% or mole%, it depends on the specific experimental conditions and goals of your research. Both methods can be valid, but it is important to be consistent in your approach and clearly state which method you are using in your calculations.

Your method for calculating the amount of NaNO3 in grams appears to be correct, as it takes into account the molar ratio and desired amount of sample. However, it is always recommended to double check your calculations and consult with your lab supervisor or colleagues to ensure accuracy.

I hope this helps answer your question. Good luck with your research!

Related to How Do I Calculate Powder Amount in Grams for NKBT Perovskite Material?

What is the difference between mole% and wt%?

Mole% and wt% are both ways of expressing the concentration of a substance in a solution, but they differ in the units of measurement used. Mole% is the number of moles of a substance per 100 moles of the solution, while wt% is the mass of a substance per 100 grams of the solution.

Which is a more accurate measure of concentration: mole% or wt%?

Neither mole% nor wt% is inherently more accurate than the other. The choice of which to use depends on the specific circumstances and the properties of the substances being measured. For example, mole% may be more appropriate for chemical reactions, while wt% may be more useful for physical properties of a solution.

How are mole% and wt% related?

Mole% and wt% are related by the molecular weight of the substance. In order to convert from mole% to wt%, the molecular weight of the substance must be known. The conversion can be done using the equation: wt% = mole% x molecular weight.

Can mole% and wt% be used interchangeably?

No, mole% and wt% are not interchangeable. They represent different units of measurement and cannot be used interchangeably without considering the properties of the substances being measured.

How do I calculate mole% and wt%?

To calculate mole%, divide the moles of a substance by the total number of moles in the solution and multiply by 100. To calculate wt%, divide the mass of a substance by the total mass of the solution and multiply by 100. It is important to use the correct units of measurement when performing these calculations.