How do I connect circuit elements in parallel using breadboards?

In summary, breadboards are used for wiring up circuits and each row represents a node. Connecting elements in series is easy to see, but the difference between series and parallel connections can be confusing. Parallel connections share the same two nodes, while series connections share a single node. To connect an element in parallel, simply place it above or below the first element in the same columns. It is important to build the circuit exactly as shown on the diagram.
Benny
Hi, I have a question about 'breadboards.' These provide a means of wiring up a circuit. I'm a bit behind and I'm trying to figure out how to connect circuit elements in parallel using these boards.

I know that each row on the board represents a 'node' of a circuit so connecting circuit elements in series is not a problem because I can see how it's supposed to be done. But what's the difference between 'series' and 'parallel' connections on breadboards? Any help would be good thanks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Too bad i can't physically show you, it would be a lot easier. t

Parallel is when they share the same two nodes and series is when they share a single node. If you want to connect an element in parallel, just put the same element above or below the first on the same columns. What you want to do is build the circuit exactly as you see it on the diagram.

Ok, I think I get what you're trying to illustrate. Thanks for your help.

What is a circuit?

A circuit is a path that allows electricity to flow from one point to another. It typically consists of a power source, wires, components such as resistors and capacitors, and a load that uses the electricity.

What is the purpose of connecting circuits?

Connecting circuits allows for the transfer of electricity from one circuit to another, enabling the completion of an electrical system. This allows for the functioning of electrical devices and equipment.

What are the different types of circuit connections?

There are three main types of circuit connections: series, parallel, and series-parallel. In a series connection, components are connected one after the other, forming a single path for current to flow. In a parallel connection, components are connected side by side, providing multiple paths for current to flow. A series-parallel connection is a combination of both series and parallel connections.

What is the difference between series and parallel circuits?

The main difference between series and parallel circuits is the way the components are connected. In a series circuit, the components are arranged one after the other, while in a parallel circuit, the components are connected side by side. This affects the flow of current and the total resistance of the circuit.

How do I ensure a safe connection of circuits?

To ensure a safe connection of circuits, it is important to follow proper wiring and circuit design techniques. This includes using the correct wire sizes and types, properly securing connections, and using appropriate safety measures such as fuses and circuit breakers. It is also important to regularly inspect and maintain circuits to prevent potential hazards.