How do STEM students balance their interests in non-STEM subjects?

In summary, STEM students often struggle with finding a balance between their interests in non-STEM subjects and their demanding coursework. Many students feel pressured to focus solely on STEM subjects, but it is important for them to also explore their passions in other fields. Finding a balance can be challenging, but with proper time management and prioritization, STEM students can successfully pursue their non-STEM interests while excelling in their STEM studies.
NormanJaden12
Hi, I'm currently a student who is the 2nd batch of the K-12 system. My mom wasn't fond of the idea of me being a Chef so she placed me as a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) student in my current school.

With that being said, I'm really not that type of person who enjoys doing stuffs with numbers :d i prefer to be out there discovering different kinds of flavors and making unique combinations for different dishes. Sooo i may go here on the forums quite often to get help from you guys because in my shoes i really need help :D Nice to meet all of you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! you can still discuss dishes here at General Discussion Forum as long as the dish has something to do with physics!
NormanJaden12 said:
Sooo i may go here on the forums quite often to get help from you guys because in my shoes i really need help
You can go to the homework forums for help:smile:

Likes NormanJaden12
NormanJaden12 said:
Hi, I'm currently a student who is the 2nd batch of the K-12 system. My mom wasn't fond of the idea of me being a Chef so she placed me as a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) student in my current school.

With that being said, I'm really not that type of person who enjoys doing stuffs with numbers :d i prefer to be out there discovering different kinds of flavors and making unique combinations for different dishes. Sooo i may go here on the forums quite often to get help from you guys because in my shoes i really need help :D Nice to meet all of you!
A warm welcome to PF!

Well, cooking also has a lot of science. Heat means thermodynamics, so it's a part of Physics, baking powder and mixing other food chemicals can be chemistry, while vegetables, eggs and chicken are biology. Counting them constitutes maths. Gas ovens need to be "engineered". So, you have it all together :wink:

Likes Amused_1
Wrichik Basu said:
Well, cooking also has a lot of science. Heat means thermodynamics, so it's a part of Physics, baking powder and mixing other food chemicals can be chemistry, while vegetables, eggs and chicken are biology. Counting them constitutes maths. Gas ovens need to be "engineered". So, you have it all together :wink:
What an epic conclusion!Everything in this universe must have some sort of connection with physics.After all, physics is the language of everything:smile:

Likes Wrichik Basu
Young physicist said:
What an epic conclusion!Everything in this universe must have some sort of connection with physics.After all, physics is the language of everything:smile:
Chemistry as well, because everything is made of molecules, even a pen, paper, mobile, wires, everything.

Also include maths, because maths is the language of Physics.

Likes YoungPhysicist