How does induced current change when a loop accelerates through a magnetic field?

ChuFta
New user has been reminded to always show their work on schoolwork problems.
Homework Statement
A wire loop accelerates from position 1 to position 5. It enters an area of a homogenous non changing magnetic field B. Rank the induced currents in the loop starting from the biggest
Relevant Equations
/
A wire loop accelerates from position 1 to position 5. It enters an area of a homogenous non changing magnetic field B. Rank the induced currents in the loop starting from the biggest. in solutions it says I4>I2>I1=I3=I5=0 but i dont understand why
1700926334971.png

Physics news on Phys.org
At the edge of the field region the flux through the loop will start changing. The faster the loop is moving (later in the acceleration) , the faster the rate of change of flux.

hutchphd said:
At the edge of the field region the flux through the loop will start changing. The faster the loop is moving (later in the acceleration) , the faster the rate of change of flux.
shouldnt it then be I5>I4>I3>I2>I1

The picture appears to be in Polish which is a problem for me........
I assume the places where I is zero are regions of constant field (no edges intersected by loop).

hutchphd said:
The picture appears to be in Polish which is a problem for me........
I assume the places where I is zero are regions of constant field (no edges intersected by loop).
its croatian, but i translated the text i just put this for the drawing in case it is not clear from the text
what do you mean that edges arent intersected by loop

Croation.
The loop moves in a region of constant field then ##\frac {d \phi} {dt}=0##

hutchphd said:
Croation.
The loop moves in a region of constant field then ##\frac {d \phi} {dt}=0##
ok thanks

Thread closed for Moderation...

Likes hutchphd
After reminding the new user @ChuFta to always show their work when posting schoolwork question, thread is reopened in case there is anything more to cover.

Likes hutchphd

1. How does the speed of the loop affect the induced current?

The induced current is directly proportional to the speed of the loop. As the loop accelerates through the magnetic field, the rate of change of the magnetic flux increases, resulting in a larger induced current.

2. Does the size of the loop impact the induced current?

Yes, the size of the loop does affect the induced current. A larger loop will have a larger area and therefore a larger magnetic flux, resulting in a greater induced current.

3. What happens to the induced current if the magnetic field strength changes?

If the magnetic field strength changes, the induced current will also change. This is because the induced current is directly proportional to the rate of change of the magnetic flux, which is affected by the strength of the magnetic field.

4. How does the orientation of the loop in the magnetic field affect the induced current?

The orientation of the loop in the magnetic field does not affect the induced current. As long as the loop is moving through the magnetic field, the induced current will be present.

5. Can the direction of the induced current be reversed?

Yes, the direction of the induced current can be reversed. This can be achieved by either reversing the direction of motion of the loop or by changing the direction of the magnetic field.