How does vitamin C help a person's immune system?

• Thread starter sevensages
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Health
sevensages
TL;DR Summary
What is the mechanism by which vitamin C helps a person's immune system?
I think I have known that vitamin C boosts a human being's immune system since my ages was in the single digits. But what is the mechanism by which vitamin C boosts a human being's immune system?

Biology news on Phys.org
Please post some links to the reading you have been doing about this question. I could do that for you, but that will not help you in the future with questions like this. Please to confine the links to mainstream medical websites, since there is plenty of misinformation out there. Thanks. :smile:

berkeman said:
Please post some links to the reading you have been doing about this question. I could do that for you, but that will not help you in the future with questions like this. Please to confine the links to mainstream medical websites, since there is plenty of misinformation out there. Thanks. :smile:
I have not been doing any reading about this question.

Then please use Google to do the searching, and read some of the links that you find at NIH, Harvard, NCBI, the Mayo Clinic, and other reputable medical information websites. Once you have done that, if you have questions about that reading, please go ahead and start a new thread with the links and your questions. Thanks.