How Does X-Ray Crystallography Connect to Condensed Matter Physics?

• Thread starter PrinceWalnut
  • Start date
In summary, X-ray crystallography is a powerful technique used in condensed matter physics to study the structure and properties of solids. It involves the analysis of the diffraction patterns produced when X-rays pass through a crystal, which can provide detailed information about the arrangement of atoms and molecules within the material. This information is crucial in understanding the physical and chemical properties of materials, such as their electrical conductivity, magnetic properties, and thermal behavior. X-ray crystallography has played a significant role in advancing our understanding of condensed matter physics and continues to be a valuable tool for researchers in this field.
PrinceWalnut
Hi all! I'm a new member here on PF. I study physics and computational mathematics at ASU and am currently a senior. I work in a lab that does x-ray crystallography, and my research interests lie mostly in the fields of biological and condensed matter physics. I also like to play violin and read in my spare time. Thanks for reading!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! :smile: