How good is IE IRODOV for physics olympiad

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of IE IRODOV as a problem book for preparing for the Physics Olympiad. The speaker has already solved 150 problems from the book and is wondering if it is enough for the competition. Another person mentions being a Gold Winner of the Asian Physics Olympiad and also using Irodov, a Russian book with a focus on problems. However, they note that the book's difficulty level is below that of the IPhO problems. The conversation also mentions the availability of Russian problem books for free on mirtitles.org and the presence of a community preparing for the IPhO on the Art of Problem Solving Community Page. Ultimately, the conclusion is that the use of IE IRODO
narayan.rocks
Iam currently preparing for physics olympiad 2014 and i am using IE IRODOV as a problem book. i want to know whether its enough for ipho or should i buy some other book.i have solved about 150 problems from IE IRODOV.

Physics news on Phys.org
I went to IPhO and I've never heard of that book. Whatever you're doing is probably fine. You have time.

I am also a Gold Winner of Asian Physics Olympiad last year and this year going to take IPhO. Irodov is a Russian Book having main focus on Problems. (All russian prob. books are free at mirtitles.org) The Level of book is quite below the IPhO Probs so students do that book. Come on Art of Problem Solving Community Page there a lot person preparing for that.

1. How useful is IE IRODOV for preparing for physics olympiad?

IE IRODOV is considered to be one of the best resources for preparing for physics olympiad. Its advanced level problems and comprehensive coverage of different topics make it an ideal choice for students aiming to excel in physics olympiads.

2. Is IE IRODOV suitable for beginners?

Although IE IRODOV is primarily aimed at advanced level students, it can also be useful for beginners who are looking to challenge themselves and improve their problem-solving skills. However, it is recommended to have a strong foundation in physics before attempting the problems in IE IRODOV.

3. How does IE IRODOV compare to other resources for physics olympiad preparation?

IE IRODOV is highly regarded by many as one of the best resources for physics olympiad preparation. Its problems are known to be more challenging and comprehensive compared to other resources. However, it is always recommended to use a combination of resources for a well-rounded preparation.

4. Can IE IRODOV help in improving problem-solving skills?

Yes, IE IRODOV is known for its challenging problems that require a strong understanding of concepts and creative problem-solving skills. Regular practice with IE IRODOV can definitely help in improving problem-solving skills and preparing for physics olympiads.

5. Are the problems in IE IRODOV similar to those in physics olympiads?

Yes, the problems in IE IRODOV are designed to be similar to those in physics olympiads. They cover a wide range of topics and require a deep understanding of concepts and their application. Solving problems from IE IRODOV can be a good way to prepare for the types of questions asked in physics olympiads.