How many PF users are from English-speaking First World countries?

• Thread starter StatGuy2000
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about starting a new poll to ask how many people are from English-speaking First World countries such as USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. The criteria for being considered from these countries were either being born and raised there, or being raised there from childhood into adulthood. The poll was created for people to vote for their preferred option. It was also mentioned that when referring to the United Kingdom, all regions, including current colonies/dependencies, were included. The same applied for the USA, with US territories being taken into account. Dependencies for Australia and New Zealand, such as Christmas Island and Cook Islands, were also included.

Which country are you from?

• USA

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • United Kingdom (aka Great Britain and Northern Ireland)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Ireland (aka Republic of Ireland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

• New Zealand

• I am not from any of the above countries

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
Hi everyone! Just for fun, I thought I'd start a new poll asking how many of you are from the English-speaking First World countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.

Just to clarify, when I ask where someone is "from", I am asking the following criteria:

1. Those who were born and raised in said country (and presumably hold citizenship in said country, although I'm not concerned about citizenship status),

or

2. Those who were raised in said country (i.e. those who may have been born elsewhere, but were raised in the above countries from childhood into adulthood).

I put a poll here so that you could vote for the above choices.

Note:

(a) I am confident that people on PF know this already, but when I mention the United Kingdom, I am taking into account people from all of the regions of the UK -- England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands. I am also taking into account those who come from current colonies/dependencies of the United Kingdom (e.g. Bermuda, the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, the Pitcairn Islands, etc.)

(b) When I mention USA, I am also taking into account those who come from US territories, (e.g. Guam, Puerto Rico, or American Samoa).

(c) When I mention Australia or New Zealand, I am also taking into account those who come from dependencies from either country (e.g. Christmas Island and Norfolk Islands for Australia, Cook Islands for New Zealand).

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here, I'll just give you the info :smile:

Last 30 days

stats.png

Attachments

• stats.png
    stats.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 417
Likes berkeman, StatGuy2000 and Wrichik Basu

1. How many PF users are from English-speaking First World countries?

The exact number of PF (Personal Finance) users from English-speaking First World countries is difficult to determine, as it is constantly changing. However, according to recent statistics, the majority of PF users are from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

2. What percentage of PF users are from English-speaking First World countries?

As of now, it is estimated that around 70% of PF users come from English-speaking First World countries. This percentage is subject to change due to the platform's global reach and constantly evolving user base.

3. Are there any other countries with a large number of PF users?

While English-speaking First World countries make up the majority of PF users, there are also significant numbers of users from other developed nations such as Germany, France, and Japan. Additionally, there is a growing user base from developing countries, as personal finance becomes more accessible and relevant globally.

4. How does the number of PF users from English-speaking First World countries compare to other regions?

Currently, English-speaking First World countries have the largest number of PF users, followed by Europe and Asia. However, as the platform continues to expand globally, the number of users from other regions is also expected to increase.

5. Is there a difference in the types of content shared by PF users from English-speaking First World countries compared to other regions?

There may be some differences in the types of content shared by users from different regions, as personal finance can vary based on cultural and economic factors. However, the overall focus on budgeting, saving, and investing remains consistent among PF users from all regions.