How to Calculate Force and Acceleration in Physics

In summary, the car has a gravitational potential energy of 800J after 5 seconds. It has a kinetic energy of 4000J on impact with the car.
jpmaster
Hey, i really struggle in Physics, i mean really, its not my best subject, so if you can help me with these questions i would be forever in your debt.

1) Use the braking distance at 20 m/s to calculate the braking force required
(the braking distance being 32 metres, the mass 800KG)

2) During the test the pendulum deforms the crumple zone, the crumple zone is shortened by 0.6 m, what is the average retarding force on the pendulum,
(the mass in 1000kg and the raised hight is 3m, the weight of one kg is 10N)

3) The force between the block and the rim is 800N and the area of the block is 2.0cm squared, calculate the pressure.

4) Before the tyres are changed in a pit stop during the race, the new tyres are wrapped in electric blankets to pre-warm them. calculate the maximum temperature rise of the rubber using this data

Energy supplied by blanket: 540 000 J
Mass of tyre: 12KG
Specific heat capacity of rubber: 1500 J/KG degrees

5) The car accelerates steadily from rest at 20 m/s squared, for 5 seconds, calcualate its speed after 5 seconds.
What is its average speed during this time.

6) The mass of the pendulum is 100KG and it is raised a height of 3m, the weight of 1KG is 10N, how much gravitational potential energy does it gain.?
What is its kinetic energy on impact with the car.

Physics news on Phys.org
Read this first :

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=28

i wasnt hoping for the answers, only the formulae so i can work it out myself

ARGH, i can't do any of it, please just help me

you can ban me after, but i really do need help, desperately

If you show some effort (really, any sign that you've thought about these problems), we would be more inclined to help.

Keywords:

1. Formulae involving energy
2. Formulae for Pressure
3. Specific heat capacity
4. Equations of motion

i would show effort if i knew where to start, but i dont

jpmaster said:
i would show effort if i knew where to start, but i dont
Start by reading your text.

I don't mean to be rude - this is really the best advice for the situation you are in. You can not solve problems by just substituting in formulae. You need to learn the physics behind the formulae.

thats the problem, i don't understand anything to do with physics

What text do you use ?

1. What is force and acceleration?

Force is a physical quantity that can cause an object to accelerate. Acceleration is the rate at which the velocity of an object changes over time.

2. What is Newton's second law of motion?

Newton's second law of motion states that the force applied to an object is directly proportional to its mass and acceleration. This can be represented by the equation F=ma, where F is force, m is mass, and a is acceleration.

3. How does force affect acceleration?

The greater the force applied to an object, the greater its acceleration will be. This means that the object will change its velocity at a faster rate.

4. What is the difference between mass and weight?

Mass is the amount of matter in an object, while weight is the force of gravity acting on an object. Mass is measured in kilograms, while weight is measured in newtons.

5. How is acceleration related to velocity?

Acceleration and velocity are closely related. Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity, so an object's acceleration is directly proportional to how much its velocity changes over time.