How to create a successful hashtag for the Dallas Cowboys game in London

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, the Dallas Cowboys football team is playing in London this weekend and has launched a Twitter hashtag #CowboysUK. Despite some Twitter users making jokes about the hashtag, it's still better than the hashtag for Susan Boyle's Album Party, #Susanalbumparty. Some people argue that punctuation is important and can make a big difference in meaning, as shown in the book "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" by Lynne Truss.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The Dallas Cowboys (American) football team is playing in London this weekend, so they launched a Twitter hashtag #CowboysUK.

(If you don't "get" it at first, convert it to all lowercase.)

Likes Astronuc and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah well, here's someone who doesn't get this hashtag hype whether they sUK or not.

jtbell said:
The Dallas Cowboys (American) football team is playing in London this weekend, so they launched a Twitter hashtag #CowboysUK.

(If you don't "get" it at first, convert it to all lowercase.)

Well, at least they aren't playing on Pen Island... ;)

Perhaps they just have an #inferioritycomplex?

It's still better than the hashtag for Susan Boyle's Album Party, #Susanalbumparty.

Sometimes, punctuation is a good thing.

DrClaude said:
It's still better than the hashtag for Susan Boyle's Album Party, #Susanalbumparty.
Oh my god...

Astronuc said:
Sometimes, punctuation is a good thing.
As in the difference between "Let's eat Grandma!" and "Let's eat, Grandma!"

Someone (Lynne Truss) wrote a book about the importance of punctuation, contrasting the difference between a koala that "eats shoots and leaves" and one that "eats, shoots, and leaves." The title of the book is "Eats, Shoots & Leaves."

1. How do I avoid creating a hashtag that is already in use?

Before creating a new hashtag, it is important to do some research and make sure that the hashtag you want to use is not already being used by another individual or group. You can do this by searching for the hashtag on social media platforms and seeing if it has been recently used or is already associated with a specific topic or campaign.

2. Can I use special characters or spaces in my hashtag?

No, it is not recommended to use special characters or spaces in your hashtag. This can make it difficult for others to use and remember the hashtag, and it may also cause issues with the functionality of the hashtag on certain social media platforms. Stick to using letters and numbers only.

3. Is it necessary to include punctuation in my hashtag?

No, punctuation is not necessary in a hashtag. In fact, it is best to avoid using punctuation as it can create confusion and make the hashtag more difficult to read and remember. Keep your hashtag simple and easy to type.

4. Should I make my hashtag too long or too short?

It is recommended to keep your hashtag relatively short and concise. A hashtag that is too long may be difficult to read and remember, while a hashtag that is too short may not be specific enough to convey your intended message. Aim for a hashtag that is 1-3 words in length.

5. How do I make sure my hashtag is relevant and appropriate?

Before using a hashtag, it is important to consider its relevance and appropriateness. Make sure the hashtag accurately reflects your message or topic, and that it is not offensive or inappropriate in any way. It is also a good idea to check how the hashtag has been used in the past to ensure it aligns with your intended purpose.