How to easily view YouTube videos frame by frame

In summary, there is a new website called www.watchframebyframe.com that allows users to easily watch YouTube videos frame by frame by inserting the video link. This is an upgrade from www.rowvid.com, created by the same people. The website can show specific points in videos, such as the magnet assembly flying apart, and can also be used to compare videos, such as one showing both balls hitting the ground at the same time and one showing one ball hitting slightly earlier due to being dropped from a lower height. This tool could have many uses for curious individuals.
liometopum
I wanted to share this updated website.
To easily watch YouTube videos, frame by frame, go to http://www.watchframebyframe.com
Insert the video link, and you can easily move from frame to frame. This is a major upgrade from www.rowvid.com, by the same people, I think.
For example:
1. http://www.watchframebyframe.com/watch/yt/kNbH8Y1HgQQ allows you to see the point that the magnet assemply starts to fly apart. It happens so quickly, that using this link is the easy way to study it.
2. This Veritasium video says both balls hit the ground at the same time, at but in http://www.watchframebyframe.com/watch/yt/oBdalzRJR5g you can see one hits slightly before (it is dropped from a lower height though, so NO argument here. I put it here as an example of what you can see with this tool.). Even slow motion videos can be viewed more precisely, and the frames easily stopped for review..

www.watchframebyframe.com could have many uses for the inquisitive people at PF.

Have fun!

Likes jim mcnamara
Physics news on Phys.org
Very nice!

1. How do I pause a YouTube video at a specific frame?

To pause a YouTube video at a specific frame, simply press the spacebar on your keyboard while the video is playing. This will pause the video and allow you to view each frame individually.

2. Is there a way to slow down the playback speed of a YouTube video?

Yes, there is a way to slow down the playback speed of a YouTube video. Simply click on the "Settings" icon on the bottom right corner of the video player and select "Playback speed." From there, you can choose a slower playback speed that will allow you to view the frames more easily.

3. Can I view YouTube videos frame by frame on a mobile device?

Yes, you can view YouTube videos frame by frame on a mobile device. Simply tap on the video to pause it, and then use your finger to swipe left or right on the video screen to view each frame.

4. Are there any keyboard shortcuts for viewing YouTube videos frame by frame?

Yes, there are keyboard shortcuts for viewing YouTube videos frame by frame. On a PC, you can use the comma (,) and period (.) keys to move backwards and forwards frame by frame. On a Mac, you can use the J and L keys to do the same.

5. Is there a way to view YouTube videos frame by frame without pausing the video?

Yes, there is a way to view YouTube videos frame by frame without pausing the video. Simply hold down the spacebar on your keyboard while the video is playing to view the frames in slow motion. This will allow you to view the frames without pausing the video completely.