How to expand my knowledge in physics rapidly?

In summary, the conversation is about the person looking for book recommendations or ideas to further their learning in physics. They mention that they are in grade 12 and are familiar with the basics of physics. However, without knowing what specifically they want to learn, it is difficult to give appropriate recommendations. One person suggests learning linear algebra and calculus, while another recommends the Feynman lectures on physics.
AlvisPrabhu
It would be great if you can suggest books or ideas.thank you in advance.[emoji5] [emoji106]

Physics news on Phys.org
You are expecting recommendations based on what? Without having any knowledge about your current knowledge and what you have already read any recommendation will just be a wild stab in the dark.

AlvisPrabhu said:
It would be great if you can suggest books or ideas.i know the basics very well.right now i am in grade 12. I am learning a lot of things day - day . I really want to learn more but rapidly and also things which i haven't been taught in School. Thank in advance.[emoji5] [emoji106]

What do you mean by the "basics"?

Dishsoap said:
What do you mean by the "basics"?
I assume he means that he is well versed in Lie algebras, has a deep understanding of the Hamilton and Lagrange formulations of classical mechanics, understands the Heisenberg and Schrödinger pictures of QM, space-time geometry, and has begun studying QFT. :rolleyes:

Alvis: The above is of course tongue-in-cheek, but the point is that you give us no chance to help you unless you tell us what you actually want to learn and what you already know explicitly.

Likes member 587159
Orodruin said:
I assume he means that he is well versed in Lie algebras, has a deep understanding of the Hamilton and Lagrange formulations of classical mechanics, understands the Heisenberg and Schrödinger pictures of QM, space-time geometry, and has begun studying QFT. :rolleyes:

Alvis: The above is of course tongue-in-cheek, but the point is that you give us no chance to help you unless you tell us what you actually want to learn and what you already know explicitly.
Well by basics I meant the things I learned from grade 1-10

Learn linear algebra and calculus. That's what you need if you want to pursue real physics.

I recommend the Feynman lectures on physics, you can find them free online.

1. How much time should I dedicate to studying physics?

There is no set amount of time that will guarantee rapid expansion of knowledge in physics. It depends on your current level of understanding and your learning style. It is important to find a balance between studying enough to make progress, but not so much that you become overwhelmed.

2. What are the best resources for learning physics?

There are many resources available for learning physics, including textbooks, online courses, videos, and study groups. It's important to find resources that align with your learning style and level of understanding. It may also be helpful to seek guidance from a teacher or mentor.

3. How can I make complex concepts easier to understand?

One way to make complex concepts easier to understand is to break them down into smaller, more manageable pieces. You can also try visualizing the concept or creating analogies to relate it to something more familiar. Additionally, practicing problems and discussing the concepts with others can help solidify understanding.

4. How can I stay motivated while learning physics?

Staying motivated while learning physics can be challenging, but there are a few strategies that can help. Setting achievable goals, taking breaks when needed, and finding a study partner or study group can provide support and accountability. Additionally, reminding yourself of the real-world applications of physics can help to keep you motivated.

5. How can I apply what I've learned in physics to real-world situations?

Physics is a fundamental science that applies to many aspects of our daily lives. To apply what you've learned, try to make connections between the concepts you've studied and real-world situations. You can also seek out internships, research opportunities, or projects that allow you to apply your knowledge in a practical setting.