How to get Kindle Fire 7 on the internet

In summary, the conversation discusses issues with connecting to the internet on a new Kindle device. The individual has contacted Amazon and their internet provider for help, but the issue remains unresolved. Others suggest checking the device's date and time, exchanging it for a new one, and adjusting settings such as the WiFi signal, modem permissions, and encryption. The conversation ends with one individual sharing their personal process for connecting to WiFi on their Kindle Fire.
leroyjenkens
I just got my Kindle, I'm able to connect to the wifi easily, but whenever I try to get on the internet with it, nothing loads. Everything tells me I have no connection. When I connect to the same wifi with my phone, the internet works just fine. I've contacted both Amazon and my internet provider and they were no help. Amazon just told me to make sure the date and time on the device were correct, which they weren't, but fixing them did nothing. And Comcast tied pinging my modem or whatever they did, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with them, because the wifi works just fine with my phone.
Does anyone have any experience with Kindles and know if there's some setting or something that's wrong or has any trouble shooting ideas? Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Well that is frustrating! I have an old model that connects just fine. It's not more complicated than any other device like your phone. It could be you got a dud? Maybe ask if you can exchange it?

The other (than bad device) three things that come to mind are that:
  • the Kindle may have to be told which WiFi signal to connect to
  • the modem may need to be told that the Kindle should be allowed
  • the encryption used by the two may not match each other (there are several encryption algorithms)
Cheers,
Tom

What procedure did you use to connect?

Here's what I do with my Kindle Fire.
  1. Settings
  2. Wireless & Bluetooth
  3. WiFI (it then shows a list of detected wifi signals, provided that wifi is ON and Airplane mode is OFF)
  4. Select the desired wifi
  5. It asks for the password.

1. How do I connect my Kindle Fire 7 to the internet?

To connect your Kindle Fire 7 to the internet, you will need to go to your device's settings and select the Wi-Fi option. Then, choose the network you want to connect to and enter the password if required. Your Kindle Fire 7 should now be connected to the internet.

2. Can I use a data plan to access the internet on my Kindle Fire 7?

Yes, you can use a data plan to access the internet on your Kindle Fire 7. You will need to make sure that your device has a SIM card and a data plan from a mobile carrier. Then, go to your device's settings and select the Network & Wireless option. From there, you can choose the option to add a new network and enter the necessary information to connect to your data plan.

3. How do I connect my Kindle Fire 7 to a public Wi-Fi network?

To connect your Kindle Fire 7 to a public Wi-Fi network, go to your device's settings and select the Wi-Fi option. From there, choose the network you want to connect to and enter any required login information. Public Wi-Fi networks may require you to accept terms and conditions before connecting.

4. Can I use a VPN on my Kindle Fire 7 to access the internet?

Yes, you can use a VPN (virtual private network) on your Kindle Fire 7 to access the internet. You will need to download a VPN app from the Amazon Appstore and follow the instructions to set it up. Once the VPN is set up, you can turn it on and connect to the internet securely.

5. How can I improve my internet speed on my Kindle Fire 7?

To improve your internet speed on your Kindle Fire 7, you can try moving closer to your Wi-Fi router or connecting to a different network with a stronger signal. You can also try clearing the cache and cookies on your device, as well as closing any unused apps that may be using up bandwidth. Additionally, upgrading to a faster internet plan or using a Wi-Fi booster can also help improve your internet speed.