How to get the density equation using the Reidel Equation for vapor liquids?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a way to calculate the density of a fluid, specifically using the Reidel equation for vapor liquids. The person is looking for a function that can compute the liquid phase density for use in a numerical model, and mentions a reference that uses the Riedel correlation from 1954 to calculate the density using critical properties. However, the reference does not provide the exact empirical function.
maryelin
TL;DR Summary
how to calculate density of fluid using the Reidel equation.n
I need to know how to get the density equation using the Reidel Equation for vapor liquids... how is the calculations to get

Chemistry news on Phys.org
maryelin said:
TL;DR Summary: how to calculate density of fluid using the Reidel equation.n

I need to know how to get the density equation using the Reidel Equation for vapor liquids... how is the calculations to get
You are looking for the density at the critical point?

Chestermiller said:
You are looking for the density at the critical point?
No, I need find a function that compute the liquid phase density for use in my numerical model. I have found a reference who do says "we compute the density of oil component by substituting the critical properties of each component into Riedel correlation (1954) as a function of temperature" but they don't present the empirical function

1. What is the Reidel Equation and how is it related to vapor liquids?

The Reidel Equation is a mathematical formula used to calculate the density of a vapor liquid mixture. It is based on the ideal gas law and takes into account the temperature, pressure, and molar volume of the substance.

2. How do you use the Reidel Equation to calculate density?

To use the Reidel Equation, you will need to know the temperature, pressure, and molar volume of the substance. Then, you can plug these values into the equation and solve for the density.

3. What is the ideal gas law and how is it related to the Reidel Equation?

The ideal gas law is a fundamental equation in thermodynamics that describes the relationship between the pressure, volume, temperature, and number of moles of a gas. The Reidel Equation is derived from the ideal gas law and is a more accurate representation for vapor liquids.

4. Are there any limitations to using the Reidel Equation for calculating density?

Yes, the Reidel Equation is only applicable for vapor liquid mixtures. It also assumes that the molecules in the mixture are non-polar and have no intermolecular forces. Additionally, it does not take into account any phase changes that may occur.

5. Can the Reidel Equation be used for all types of substances?

No, the Reidel Equation is specifically designed for vapor liquid mixtures. It cannot be used for pure substances or mixtures with solids or gases. Other equations, such as the Peng-Robinson equation, may be more suitable for these types of substances.