How to link notebook to Desktop?

In summary, the conversation was about the importance of effective communication in a relationship. The participants discussed ways to improve communication, such as active listening and being honest and open with each other. They also emphasized the need for compromise and understanding in order to maintain a healthy relationship. Overall, the conversation highlighted the key components of successful communication in a relationship.
Saint
I just bought a notebook.
Wanna link it to my dwsktop, how?
What cable and software do i need?

Computer science news on Phys.org
You can either use a cross-over ethernet cable or a parallel/serial cable. I don't think you need any additional software. Windows should handle it.

Did you get this to work? It can be a real pain, it took me a few hours the first time I tried to network two pcs.

JMD

Related to How to link notebook to Desktop?

1. How do I link a notebook to my desktop?

To link a notebook to your desktop, you can either use a USB cable to physically connect the two devices, or you can use a cloud storage service such as Dropbox or Google Drive to transfer the files.

2. Can I link multiple notebooks to my desktop?

Yes, you can link multiple notebooks to your desktop using the same methods mentioned above. However, if you are using a cloud storage service, make sure to organize your notebooks into separate folders to avoid confusion.

3. Do I need any special software to link my notebook to my desktop?

No, you do not need any special software to link your notebook to your desktop. However, if you are using a cloud storage service, you may need to download the corresponding app or software on both devices.

4. Is it possible to link a notebook to a desktop remotely?

Yes, it is possible to link a notebook to a desktop remotely through a cloud storage service. As long as both devices are connected to the internet, you can access the files from anywhere.

5. Can I link my notebook to a desktop without an internet connection?

Yes, you can link your notebook to a desktop without an internet connection by using a USB cable to physically connect the two devices. However, if you are using a cloud storage service, an internet connection will be required to transfer the files.