How to load data from the example supplied on MATLAB website?

In summary, loading data from the example supplied on the MATLAB website involves using the "load" function and specifying the file name or URL of the data. The data can then be accessed and manipulated using the appropriate commands and functions in MATLAB. This process allows for easy and efficient loading of data into MATLAB for analysis and processing.
member 428835
The demo here doesn't specify how to download the file dowPortfolio.xlsx from the first line in the tutorial: T = readtable('dowPortfolio.xlsx');

Any help here (please tell me it's not just me)?

Nevermind, evidently you literally can just copy that line into the command window and MATLAB executes it. How is this? Presumably this .xlsx file comes shipped with MATLAB?

Physics news on Phys.org
That sounds right.
I notice that there are many MATLAB example from MathWorks that use that same file ro demonstrate different MATLAB features..

Likes member 428835

1. How do I access the data from the example on MATLAB website?

To access the data from the example on MATLAB website, you will first need to download the example code from the website. Once you have downloaded the code, you can use the "load" function in MATLAB to load the data into your workspace.

2. What format is the data in on the MATLAB website?

The data on the MATLAB website is typically in a text or CSV format. This allows for easy loading into MATLAB and manipulation within the program. However, some examples may have data in other formats such as images or audio files.

3. Can I modify the example data on the MATLAB website?

Yes, you can modify the example data on the MATLAB website. Once you have loaded the data into your workspace, you can use standard MATLAB functions and commands to manipulate the data as needed for your specific project.

4. Are there any limitations to loading data from the MATLAB website?

There are no specific limitations to loading data from the MATLAB website. However, the amount of data that can be loaded may be limited by the memory and processing power of your computer. It is also important to ensure that you have the necessary toolboxes and functions installed to properly load and manipulate the data.

5. Can I use the example data from the MATLAB website for my own research?

Yes, you can use the example data from the MATLAB website for your own research. However, it is important to properly cite the source of the data and acknowledge any limitations or modifications you may have made to the data. Additionally, it is always recommended to use multiple sources of data for research to ensure accurate and reliable results.