How to Obtain new Email, Forward to Previous one

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary, to set up email forwarding from your new email to your previous one, you need to access your account settings and enter the email address you want to forward your emails to. You can also create filters or rules to specify which emails get forwarded. There is typically no limit to the number of emails you can forward, but it's always a good idea to check with your email provider. You can turn off email forwarding at any time, and your previous email address will not show up as the sender for forwarded emails.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi All,
I remember reading somewhere ( unfortunately can't remember the precise place) about some email program/service that would forward to it , emails from an existing account. Say I have Address1@mail1.com as an existing address. This service, with account , say Address2@mail2.com purportedly would ( obviously) receive mail sent to it, and would, as well, have all email sent to Address1@mail1.com forwarded to it. Anyone know of any such EDIT: free service?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Likes WWGD

1. How do I set up email forwarding from my new email to my previous one?

To set up email forwarding, you will need to log into your new email account and access the account settings. Look for the option to "forward incoming emails" or "email forwarding." Then, enter the email address you want to forward your emails to, which in this case is your previous email. Save the changes, and all emails sent to your new account will now be forwarded to your previous one.

2. Can I choose which emails get forwarded from my new email to my previous one?

Yes, most email providers allow you to create filters or rules for forwarding emails. This means you can specify certain criteria, such as the sender's email address or specific keywords in the subject line, and only emails that meet that criteria will be forwarded to your previous email.

3. Is there a limit to the number of emails I can forward from my new email to my previous one?

This depends on your email provider's policies and limitations. In most cases, there is no limit to the number of emails you can forward. However, if you are forwarding a large number of emails, it is always a good idea to check with your email provider to make sure you are not exceeding any limits.

4. Can I turn off email forwarding at any time?

Yes, you can turn off email forwarding at any time by going back into your account settings and disabling the forwarding option. This will stop all emails from being forwarded to your previous email. Keep in mind that any emails that were previously forwarded will remain in your previous email account.

5. Will my previous email address show up as the sender when I receive forwarded emails from my new email?

No, your previous email address will not show up as the sender. When you set up email forwarding, the sender's email address will remain the same, and the forwarded email will simply appear in your previous email account as if it was sent directly there.