How to perform theoretical vibro transporter analysis?

In summary, the conversation discusses a vibrating section with serrated plates used for transporting and aligning longitudinal parts. The person has a model modification but no supporting theory and is looking for ways to perform vibro analysis, determine frequency and optimum vibration path. They also ask for data sources and inquire about the potential data that can be obtained from simulations such as ANSYS. They mention the difficulty in transferring the right amount of force to move the parts and provide a link to a paper explaining the math used in vibrating feeders. They also ask about the possibility of using simulations to determine feeder inclination, transfer rate, and displacement.
Butters
I am working on a vibrating section containing serrated plates which transports and aligns longitudinal parts. I have come up with model modification but I have no theory to back it up.
How could I perform some vibro analysis, maybe determining frequency, optimum vibration path etc.?
Can you refer me to some data sources (links of analyses)?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Vibrating feeders depends on displacement of the vibration on the part, and frequency to get time of transport. Fairly straight forward, except for when you transfer too much force or not enough to move the part(s). The exciter F=ma transfer to the part I imagine is the tough part.

Here is a bad copy of paper that explains the math they used...
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/article/Annals-DAAAM-Proceedings/246013766.html

Thanks but one more thing...
How much data could I get from a simulation (ANSYS etc.)? I've performed some eigenfrequency simulations before but in terms of vibrating chute feeder could I possibly find out such things as optimum feeder inclination, transfer rate, displacement?

Related to How to perform theoretical vibro transporter analysis?

1. What is theoretical vibro transporter analysis?

Theoretical vibro transporter analysis is a method used to study the movement of particles or materials through a vibrating system. It involves using mathematical models and equations to predict the behavior of the system.

2. What are the key components of theoretical vibro transporter analysis?

The key components of theoretical vibro transporter analysis include understanding the properties of the vibrating system, such as frequency and amplitude, and the properties of the particles being transported, such as size and shape. It also involves mathematical equations and simulations to analyze the system.

3. How is theoretical vibro transporter analysis different from experimental analysis?

Theoretical vibro transporter analysis is a purely mathematical approach, while experimental analysis involves physically testing the system. Theoretical analysis allows for predictions to be made without the need for physical testing, while experimental analysis provides more accurate and real-world results.

4. What are some applications of theoretical vibro transporter analysis?

Theoretical vibro transporter analysis has applications in various industries, such as pharmaceuticals, food processing, and mining. It can be used to optimize the design of vibrating systems for efficient material transport, as well as to troubleshoot and improve existing systems.

5. What are some limitations of theoretical vibro transporter analysis?

One limitation of theoretical vibro transporter analysis is that it relies on assumptions and simplifications of the system, which may not accurately reflect real-world conditions. Additionally, it may not take into account external factors such as friction and wear, which can affect the system's performance. Experimental analysis is often necessary to validate the results of theoretical analysis.