How to type something in ##\LaTeX## in the title itself?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter navneet9431
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex Type
In summary, to type chemical equations like ##CH_2## in the title box, you can use the LaTeX command with two # as delimiters. However, it is recommended to use a more general description of the post in the title rather than the specific equation.
navneet9431
Gold Member
Screenshot (47).png

How can I type for example- ##CH_2## in the title box?(marked in red)
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot (47).png
    Screenshot (47).png
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,033
Physics news on Phys.org
The same way as you would in the post. Using two # as delimiters. I changed your title to reflect this with the \LaTeX command (giving ##\LaTeX##).

Likes navneet9431
I'm not sure it's possible. That section is for a description of the post, not the content of the post. So you should put something like "Chemistry question about equations", not the actual equation.

Edit: Orodruin beat me to it, and knows more as well.

lekh2003 said:
I'm not sure it's possible. That section is for a description of the post, not the content of the post. So you should put something like "Chemistry question about equations", not the actual equation.

Edit: Orodruin beat me to it, and knows more as well.
There can still be valid reasons to use LaTeX in the title, such as "What does ##E=mc^2## mean?"

Orodruin said:
There can still be valid reasons to use LaTeX in the title, such as "What does ##E=mc^2## mean?"
Of course, but I noticed OP's question was related to something in which LaTeX was not needed in the title.

Orodruin said:
The same way as you would in the post. Using two # as delimiters. I changed your title to reflect this with the \LaTeX command (giving ##\LaTeX##).
Thanks!

Related to How to type something in ##\LaTeX## in the title itself?

1. How do I type mathematical equations in the title using ##\LaTeX##?

To type mathematical equations in the title using ##\LaTeX##, you can use the `\LaTeX` command and enclose the equation between single dollar signs ($ equation $) or double dollar signs ($$ equation $$) for inline or display mode, respectively.

2. Can I use symbols and special characters in the title with ##\LaTeX##?

Yes, you can use symbols and special characters in the title by using the appropriate commands in ##\LaTeX##. For example, to include the Greek letter alpha, you can use the command `\alpha`.

3. How can I change the font style and size in the title with ##\LaTeX##?

To change the font style and size in the title using ##\LaTeX##, you can use the `\textbf{}` command for bold, `\textit{}` command for italic, and `\fontsize{size}{skip}` command for changing the size. Just be sure to enclose the title text within the appropriate command.

4. Is it possible to add colors to the title with ##\LaTeX##?

Yes, you can add colors to the title using the `color` package in ##\LaTeX##. First, you need to include the package in the document preamble using the command `\usepackage{color}`. Then, you can use the command `\textcolor{color}{text}` to change the color of the title text.

5. How do I align the title to the center using ##\LaTeX##?

To align the title to the center using ##\LaTeX##, you can use the `\centering` command before the title text. This will center the title within the page. Alternatively, you can use the `\begin{center} \end{center}` environment to enclose the title text for center alignment.