Howto set Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter as default

In summary, the group member had set up a Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter through the administration command prompt to use as a wifi hotspot for other devices. However, it disappears after shutting down the computer and needs to be set up again through the command prompt. They are seeking advice on how to make it appear automatically at startup without needing to run the command prompt again. Another group member suggested putting the instructions in a .bat file and configuring it to run at startup, which worked successfully. The original member thanks them for the suggestion.
Nate Duong
Dear Group,

I just set up a Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter using administration command prompt, its function as wifi hot spot, so the other devices could use this hot spot for the internet.
( )

But whenever I shutdown the computer and turn it on, I can not find it, I have to use administration command prompt again to make it appear, like: netsh wlan star hostednetwork.

Can I set it as the default, so whenever I turn on computer, it will be there so I do not need to run cmd again?

Please give me advises...!

Thank you, group.

Nate Duong.

Computer science news on Phys.org
You could put the instructions in a .bat file and then configure your laptop to run that at startup.

Likes harborsparrow
Borg said:
You could put the instructions in a .bat file and then configure your laptop to run that at startup.
It worked, I put that like of code into bat file and using task schedule to set it up and make it run every time I log on.
Thank you very much for your suggestion,

Nate Duong.

Likes Borg
Glad that I could help. :smile:

1. What is a Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter?

The Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter is a software-based wireless network adapter that allows your computer to connect to multiple wireless networks at the same time.

2. How do I set the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter as the default?

To set the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter as the default, go to the Network and Sharing Center in your Control Panel. Click on "Change adapter settings" and right-click on the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter. Select "Set as default" from the drop-down menu.

3. Why would I want to set the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter as the default?

Setting the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter as the default can be useful if you frequently switch between different wireless networks, as it allows you to easily connect to multiple networks without having to constantly switch the default adapter.

4. Can I use the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter on any computer?

No, the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter is only available on computers with certain hardware and software specifications. It is typically found on newer computers with Windows 7 or higher operating systems.

5. How do I troubleshoot issues with the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter?

If you are experiencing issues with the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter, you can try updating your drivers, restarting your computer, or resetting the adapter. You can also try troubleshooting using the Network and Internet Troubleshooter in your Control Panel.