I Have A Question about FUSION

• Thread starter anias
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fusion
Please do not double post.In summary, the conversation is about a question regarding the production of energy through a reaction between hydrogen and fluorine. The initial reaction between 1 mole of H and 1 mole of F produces 500 kJ of energy. The person has a question about how much energy is produced when 2.0 kg of H reacts with 38 kg of F to produce 2 kmol of HF. The answer is 5.0 x 10^5 kJ, but the reason is unclear. The person is also asking for help and apologizes for double posting.
anias
I Have A Question about FUSION! Please Help!

I Have A Question about FUSION! Please Help!

the reaction of H and F produces about 500 kj/mol of energy:

how much energy is produced by the reaction of 2.0kg of H with 38 kg of F to produce 2 kmol of HF?

i know the answer is 5.0x 10 to the exponent 5 kJ... but I'm not sure why...

PLEASE HELP!
thanks for your time =D

Physics news on Phys.org
1 mole of H_{2} produces,in a reaction with 1 mole of F_{2},500 KJ of energy.

How much energy would

1 Kmol of H_{2} produce when reacted with a stoichiometric amount of fluorine??

Daniel.

Please,do not double (multiple) post...

Daniel.

1. What is fusion and how does it work?

Fusion is a process in which two or more atomic nuclei combine to form a heavier nucleus. This process releases a large amount of energy. In order for fusion to occur, extremely high temperatures and pressures are needed to overcome the repulsive forces between the positively charged nuclei.

2. What are the potential benefits of fusion?

Fusion has the potential to provide a nearly limitless source of clean and sustainable energy. It also does not produce any greenhouse gas emissions or long-lived radioactive waste like traditional nuclear fission processes do.

3. What are the challenges of achieving fusion?

The main challenge of achieving fusion is creating and sustaining the extreme temperatures and pressures needed for the fusion reactions to occur. Another challenge is finding materials that can withstand these extreme conditions. Additionally, the cost of building and maintaining fusion reactors is currently very high.

4. Are there any current fusion experiments or projects?

Yes, there are several fusion experiments and projects currently in progress around the world. Some notable examples include the ITER project in France, the Joint European Torus (JET) in the UK, and the Wendelstein 7-X in Germany. These experiments are working towards achieving sustainable fusion reactions and developing viable fusion reactors.

5. When do scientists predict that fusion energy will be available for widespread use?

It is difficult to predict an exact timeline for when fusion energy will be available for widespread use, as it depends on the progress of current experiments and research. However, some estimates suggest that fusion energy could potentially be available within the next few decades.