I have a question on the phase of a frequency response

In summary, the conversation is about calculating the phase of a frequency response for an exam question. The asker is struggling to figure out how to calculate the phase of H1(w) and H2(w) and is seeking help. The responder suggests using a separate forum for homework problems and poses the question of what is the argument of e^-j2w and 4 for a given frequency.
great1122
Hello, I'm currently studying for an exam and came across a question I can't seem to figure out. How exactly do we go about calculating the phase of a frequency response. Here is the question, it for part A) iii.
GW0cMMa.png

Here are the answers to the other parts and the sketch of the magnitude:
zfJSUDp.png

I know you have to add the phases of the H1(w) and H2(w) to get the overall phase but I can't seem to figure out how to get the phase of each one. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
There's a separate forum for homework problems and the like, so, in the future, you should try to use that instead.

For some frequency ##\omega##, ##H_1(e^{j\omega})## and ##H_2(e^{j\omega})## are just a couple of complex numbers, so what is ##\arg(e^{-j2\omega})## and ##\arg(4)##?

1. What is a frequency response?

A frequency response is a measure of how a system responds to different frequencies of an input signal. It is typically represented as a graph showing the amplitude and phase of the output signal in relation to the input signal's frequency.

2. Why is phase important in a frequency response?

Phase is important because it represents the time delay between the input and output signals. In many systems, the phase can affect the overall performance and stability of the system. It is important to understand and analyze the phase response to ensure proper functioning of the system.

3. How is the phase of a frequency response measured?

The phase of a frequency response is typically measured using an oscilloscope or a spectrum analyzer. These instruments can display the phase shift between the input and output signals as a function of frequency.

4. What factors can affect the phase response of a system?

There are several factors that can affect the phase response of a system, including the type of components used, the design of the circuit, and the characteristics of the input signal. Environmental factors such as temperature and humidity can also have an impact on the phase response.

5. How can I improve the phase response of a system?

To improve the phase response of a system, it is important to carefully select and design the components, as well as consider the overall layout and circuit design. Additionally, using shielding and proper grounding techniques can help minimize external interference and improve the overall performance of the system.