I need some textbooks about Mathematical models please

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for textbooks on mathematical models, specifically in the areas of bacterial population growth, proteins, and the food industry. Several recommendations are given, including Stewart's calculus and books by Berry and Houston and Quarteroni, Chiossi, and Gervasio.
JohnPython
Hi, I need some textbooks about Mathematical models, thanks:cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

That is a big subject. What do you want to model?

Baluncore said:
Welcome to PF.

That is a big subject. What do you want to model?
Just some examples of mathematical model about bacterial population growth, proteins, and
food industry.

Thank you:cool:

Hi,

I think this could be of some introductory help to you. I assume that your are searching for a novice introduction to the subject.

Mathematical Modelling by J Berry and K Houston

and an advanced text

A Primer on Mathematical Modelling (UNITEXT) by Quarteroni , Chiossi and Gervasio

Hope these are of some help to you in learning modelling related stuff.

Likes berkeman

1. What are mathematical models?

Mathematical models are simplified representations of real-life systems or phenomena using mathematical equations and symbols. They are used to study and understand complex systems, make predictions, and test theories.

2. How are mathematical models used?

Mathematical models are used in various fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and biology to study and analyze systems and make predictions. They are also used in decision-making processes and to test hypotheses and theories.

3. What types of mathematical models are there?

There are several types of mathematical models, including deterministic models, stochastic models, discrete models, and continuous models. Deterministic models use fixed inputs and outputs, while stochastic models consider random variables. Discrete models use discrete values, and continuous models use continuous values.

4. What are some common applications of mathematical models?

Mathematical models have a wide range of applications, including predicting weather patterns, analyzing stock market trends, optimizing supply chain processes, and understanding population dynamics. They are also used in designing and testing new products and processes.

5. Where can I find textbooks about mathematical models?

There are many textbooks available on mathematical models, both in physical and online formats. You can find them at your local library, bookstore, or online retailers such as Amazon. You can also search for free online resources, such as open-access journals and educational websites.