I need to find the exact specs of an object

• Thread starter QuantumTheory
  • Start date
In summary, the present is dequised, has the same dimensions as an xbox game and makes a *flop* sound when tilted.
QuantumTheory
Ok, I'm really fuzzy on math, so I forgota lot how to do this. I have a present , I'm hoping its a PSP game. I'm not going to open it, but I want to chea tanyway :) . Its probably disquised. Inside of the PSP's UMD case there is a mini disc. It is solid. However, when I flip the present from one end to another, it makes a *flop* sound.

It may very well be dequised. The breadth seems exactly the same as the xbox AND the psp. And the length and width seems exactly that to an xbox game, unfortunately. One of the sides is white. Also, a new development. When you tilt it from side to side, it makes a *flop* sound. Like a UMD or something is going from one side to the another. Odd. I will take a biopsy soon..
Here are the dimensions:
2D dimensions:
5 inches 5mm , ~5inch 1 cm(This one is more accurate) = breadth
Length = ~7.5inch
3D dimensions
1.5 inch + 1 cm
Volume =
Or, more effectively,
Where as l is the length, w is the width, and h, is the height.Well, I can't wait till christmas. And like I said earlier, my sleep schedule is off. So today I woked up at around 11:50 PM, and to my surprise there were presents out. I had 3. One was, (obviously) clothes, another one was a rectangular present (no clue) and the third one looked similiarly like a PSP game case. However, I noticed something odd. I told my parents that my number one thing that I wanted was GTA:LCS(Grand theft auto: Liberty city stories) for the PSP, for 50 dollars. I will be happy with whatever i get, however it is kind of odd.

I compared it to a PSP game case. For some odd reason, it is wider, like a xbox game, but the breadth (width) is exactly that of a PSP game case.So I took a knife and poked a hole on the width (Sorry, I couldn't resist, heh) and it did not indent. The reason for indentation I thought, was because in the middle of the breadth of a PSP game case there is a gap where you open it, I didn't see this on it. However, it rattled when I shook it too, and it was wrapped in plastic. Also, notice the color, the sides of it were white, just like the PSP case. is the GTALCS case larger or something?

Yeah I know I am impatient, but its the only present I wanted and I don't think I am getting it. Oh well, i got everyone else some nice presents. Christimas is about time with famly, and giving, :)
I used a ruler to measure it. If I was just able to find out if its an xbox game or a PSP one I'd be happy. How are these game cases measured? In what units? Also, is the volume the 'third angle'? I'm sorry, I totally forgot all my geometry I took in high school, heh. (Just graduated). What I mean is, in a 2D plain you have the length and breadth (l + w), however, there is another angle. It is what gives objects 'depth' and therefore 3D space. Iforgot its name. Is it the cursive 'h'?. The GTALCS PSP game was my 1 number on my list, so I don't see why they would get me an xbox one Either way, I'd be happy. I just play portable games only, not console ones.

Message Edited by spacetimecont on 12-20-2005 12:35 AM

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You can always grow up.

Who cares what you got. You're lucky you're getting something.

Stop taking things for granted.

wow! is this your original?

a mm. +_ in the dimesnsion, you will lose the hope?mind of numbers. appreciate your ways of thinking. but comeon, eyes are faster.

1. What is the process for finding the exact specs of an object?

The process for finding the exact specs of an object typically involves the following steps:

• 1. Identify the object: The first step is to clearly identify the object you need the specs for. This could include the name, model number, or any other identifying information.
  • 2. Research the object: Conduct research to find any available information on the object. This could include product manuals, online databases, or manufacturer websites.
  • 3. Use measuring tools: If the specs cannot be found through research, you may need to use measuring tools such as calipers, rulers, or scales to gather the necessary data.
  • 4. Record the specs: Once you have gathered all the necessary information, record the specs in a clear and organized manner.
  • 5. Verify the accuracy: It is important to verify the accuracy of the specs by double-checking your measurements and comparing them to any available information.

2. Why is it important to find the exact specs of an object?

Finding the exact specs of an object is important for several reasons:

• 1. Product development: If you are developing a new product, having the exact specs of an object will ensure that your product will fit or function properly with the object.
  • 2. Repairs or replacements: When repairing or replacing a part, having the exact specs will help you find the right replacement and ensure proper functionality.
  • 3. Quality control: Knowing the specs of an object is crucial for quality control purposes to ensure that the object meets the necessary standards and specifications.
  • 4. Safety: In certain industries, such as construction or engineering, knowing the exact specs of an object is essential for ensuring the safety of workers and the public.
  • 5. Compatibility: If you are using the object in conjunction with other equipment or materials, knowing the exact specs will help you determine compatibility and avoid any issues.

3. What are the most common specs that need to be found for an object?

The most common specs that are typically needed for an object include:

• 1. Dimensions: This includes the length, width, and height of an object.
  • 2. Weight: The weight of an object is important for transportation, handling, and compatibility purposes.
  • 3. Material composition: Knowing what materials an object is made of can help determine durability, strength, and other properties.
  • 4. Electrical specifications: For electronic devices, knowing the voltage, current, and wattage requirements is crucial for proper functioning.
  • 5. Performance specifications: This can include things like speed, power, and capacity for machines or equipment.

4. Are there any online resources for finding the specs of an object?

Yes, there are several online resources that can be used to find the specs of an object:

• 1. Manufacturer websites: Many manufacturers provide detailed specs for their products on their websites.
  • 2. Online databases: There are databases that contain specs for a wide range of objects, such as machinery, vehicles, and electronic devices.
  • 3. Product manuals: If you have the model number or name of the object, you can often find the manual online which will include specs.
  • 4. Forums or discussion boards: Sometimes, other users or experts may have already posted the specs of an object on a forum or discussion board.
  • 5. Online measurement converters: If you have the specs in one unit of measurement, but need it in another, there are online converters that can help.

5. What are some tips for accurately measuring and recording the specs of an object?

To ensure the most accurate measurements and recordings of an object's specs, consider the following tips:

Back