I think I may have done some permanent damage

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Damage
In summary: Daddy" thing he gave us.In summary, Tribdog heard somebody scream and went to investigate, discovering a pink nail kit. He attempted to make a fingernail but failed and has now got a long thumbnail and a shorter, but stylish pointer fingernail. His lips are tingling and his vision is blurry, but he is going to open the door and see if fresh air will help. Moonbear doesn't have acetone or peanut butter, but he has a $10 bill and is going to buy some at the store. When he gets home, he is going to soak his hand in acetone and see if it will come off.
tribdog
How's this for the most pathetic way to spend new years. About 2 hours ago I heard someone scream. I opened my door and saw my neighbor throw something out her door. She went back inside and i went to see what she had thrown. It is a pink box, Fing'rs Liquid/Powder Acrylic Nail Maker and Repair Kit. I brought the box inside and opened it up to check it out. I paint with acrylic paints, and there is even a paintbrush in the box. Anyway here's what I did on New Year's Eve. I decided to see if I could make a fingernail. It turns out that I can. I now have a very long thumbnail and a shorter, but stylish pointer fingernail. I have noticed however that my lips are tingling and my vision is blurry. I'm going to go open the door now and see if some fresh air helps. Anyone think they can beat that New Years?

Physics news on Phys.org
okay, what's the deal? how do you take these things off? I damn near ripped my real fingernail off.

and the stupid paintbrush is stuck to my bedspread

Tribdog, you're one of a kind. :tongue: Just don't get your fingertips close to any heat sources.

acetone will do it. Soak em'

I just heard my neighbor outside looking for her nail kit. I waved to her and she waved back and I've got a big ol thumbnail, but she didn't notice.

karen03grae said:
acetone will do it. Soak em'
I don't have acetone. I don't even have peanut butter. I'm a bachelor, living alone.

Take a $10 bill and hold it in the hand that doesn't have the thumbnail. Now put the $10 in your easiest reached pocket. Now put your hand with the thumbnail in your other pocket. Go to your local drugstroe and buy some acetone, but do NOT pull the hand with the thumbnail from out of your pocket in the store or you get those same looks that folks give gay guys with only one or two fake nails on one hand. Now, go home, pull your hand out of your pocket and soak it in some of the acetone that you bought. If you're lucky, it might come off. If it doesn't, just tell people that you are learning guitar picking and fake nails make excellent picks. :rofl:

Um, what Tsu didn't tell you is that when you go to the drugstore to buy acetone, it will be conveniently called nailpolish remover. Make sure you read the label and get one that has acetone in it. They make non-acetone removers just for the purpose of NOT melting fake nails when people actually put them on to keep them and paint them. If anyone gives you strange looks about buying nailpolish remover, just grunt something about a super-glue accident. It's the only acceptably manly response to explain that purchase. Or buy a lot of condoms with it to cover up that you're buying nailpolish remover (don't mix the two though!).

Y'know...I'm starting to have second-thoughts about you tribdog. I'm really wondering if I can handle a guy who reheats a ham in an oven set to "clean" and then does his nails on New Years just to see if he can! I mean, sure, I'll be endlessly amused, but I'm starting to picture life living with Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor from Home Improvement!

ha ha ha! Moonbear, living with tribdog will be good practice for when you have toddlers running around the house. Like tribdog, you can't leave them alone for 5 minutes. And when they're quiet, it's time to worry!

Math Is Hard said:
ha ha ha! Moonbear, living with tribdog will be good practice for when you have toddlers running around the house. Like tribdog, you can't leave them alone for 5 minutes. And when they're quiet, it's time to worry!

LOL! And if I could tribdog-proof a house, I have no doubt it would be childproof! It's much harder to tribdog-proof houses. I don't know, after a week and a half with my 18 mo-old nephew, I'm not sure I have the energy to keep up with a toddler. How do parents do it?

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
Ha! Tribpuppies!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Artman said:
Ha! Tribpuppies!

I'm going to have nightmares now. That is truly a scary thought.

franznietzsche said:
I'm going to have nightmares now. That is truly a scary thought.

It's a lot scarier than that "Please Daddy" thing he gave us.

Chrono said:

I don't recall that. :confused:

Artman said:
Ha! Tribpuppies!

Oh, good heavens! No tribpuppies! That would be far too much to handle! I was thinking more along the lines of just one little Mooncub perhaps. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Oh, good heavens! No tribpuppies! That would be far too much to handle! I was thinking more along the lines of just one little Mooncub perhaps. :rolleyes:
Aww, but can't you just picture it, a whole bunch of tribpuppies running around, melting things to the carpet, gluing fake nails on stuff...it would be fun.
:smile:

Chrono said:
What "Please Daddy" thing?

Artman said:
Aww, but can't you just picture it, a whole bunch of tribpuppies running around, melting things to the carpet, gluing fake nails on stuff...it would be fun.

Yes, I can picture it! And no, it doesn't sound fun! :eek:

1. What are the signs that I may have done permanent damage?

The signs of permanent damage can vary depending on the type and severity of the injury. Some common signs include persistent pain, limited range of motion, weakness or numbness in the affected area, and difficulty performing daily activities.

2. How long does it take for permanent damage to occur?

The time it takes for permanent damage to occur can also vary. It could be a result of a single traumatic event, such as a serious injury, or it could develop gradually over time due to repetitive strain or overuse.

3. Can permanent damage be reversed?

In some cases, permanent damage can be reversed with proper treatment and rehabilitation. However, this depends on the extent of the damage and the individual's overall health. It is always best to seek medical advice for a proper evaluation and treatment plan.

4. What should I do if I suspect I have permanent damage?

If you suspect you have permanent damage, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. A healthcare professional can properly assess your condition and provide a treatment plan to help manage your symptoms and prevent further damage.

5. How can I prevent permanent damage from occurring?

To prevent permanent damage, it is important to practice proper body mechanics and techniques when performing physical activities or tasks. It is also important to listen to your body and take breaks when needed. If you have a pre-existing condition or injury, make sure to follow your doctor's recommendations for managing and treating it.