I use tmesh card to get mdata file, what tool should I use to draw?

• Thread starter chengmo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drawing
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of tmesh card to obtain an mdata file and the need to use a tool for drawing. The speaker mentions using tmesh3 cards for calculating energy deposition but needing a dose profile. They also mention the importance of choosing a tool based on current skills and availability of a support group.
chengmo
I use tmesh card to get mdata file, what tool should I use to draw?
I'm using tmesh3 cards to calculate the energy deposition, but I need to get a dose profile what should I do

Engineering news on Phys.org
What software are you using?

There are many possible tools to use to plot your results. Which one you use will depend on what you already have and on your skill set. For example, if you have MATLAB and you are already skilled in it, you will likely want to use it. Or, if you have MS Excel, and are already skilled in that, you can do some OK plotting in it.

If you need to choose a new tool, buy it, and get good at it, check with your coworkers, or co-students etc., and see what tools they use. Having a support group to learn a tool is a big consideration. "Why isn't this working the way I want?" is a thing you can get answered by the guy at the next desk a lot easier than online.

1. What is a tmesh card and how does it relate to getting mdata files?

A tmesh card is a type of electronic device used to collect data from various sources. It is commonly used in scientific research to gather data from experiments or observations. The mdata file is a type of data file that contains information collected by the tmesh card.

2. What is the purpose of drawing with the mdata file?

Drawing with the mdata file allows for visual representation of the data collected by the tmesh card. This can help in understanding patterns and trends in the data and can aid in further analysis and interpretation of the results.

3. What are some tools that can be used to draw with the mdata file?

There are various tools that can be used to draw with the mdata file, depending on the specific needs and preferences of the user. Some commonly used tools include graphing software, such as Microsoft Excel or Origin, or programming languages like Python or R.

4. Are there any specific considerations when using a tool to draw with the mdata file?

Yes, it is important to ensure that the tool being used is compatible with the mdata file format. Additionally, the user should also consider the type of data being represented and choose a suitable graph or visualization method.

5. Can the mdata file be edited or modified before drawing?

Yes, the mdata file can be modified or edited before drawing, depending on the capabilities of the chosen drawing tool. For example, some graphing software allows for data manipulation and filtering before creating a visualization.